Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mosconi Cup 2014

Options
  • 03-12-2014 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭

Europe leading 6-3 with 1 game left of day 2. Huge game ongoing now. Any interest in it on here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Does anyone even watch the Mosconi cup anymore. Its a joke at this stage imo. They try to jump it up as if they are saving the world. Similar to the mixed gaa/aussie rules games its done to death. Should come around every 4 years and it might have a more special aura about it. Every 2 years at the very least but every year is to much.
    The fact that it cant get an audience to justify a weekend slot and they now need to have it midweek underlines how much its slipped. They even allow punters drinking out of glass beer bottles because they know if there is no drink allowed they wouldnt have a live audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

The boorish atmosphere puts me right off.

The spectators are there for a piss up, to abuse the yanks and to see who can stretch out saying 'EUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRROPE' the longest.

I like the game but its a horrible spectacle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm enjoying it too be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭wilhelm roentgen

corny wrote: »
    The boorish atmosphere puts me right off.

The spectators are there for a piss up, to abuse the yanks and to see who can stretch out saying 'EUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRROPE' the longest.

I like the game but its a horrible spectacle.

Have to agree there Corny, it is very boorish and spoils it somewhat for me, some of those morons in the audience need ejecting IMO.

Having said that, I think that 9 ball pool is a brilliant game to watch on TV and the players are under so much pressure to perform.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

califano wrote: »
    Does anyone even watch the Mosconi cup anymore. Its a joke at this stage imo. They try to jump it up as if they are saving the world. Similar to the mixed gaa/aussie rules games its done to death. Should come around every 4 years and it might have a more special aura about it. Every 2 years at the very least but every year is to much.
    The fact that it cant get an audience to justify a weekend slot and they now need to have it midweek underlines how much its slipped. They even allow punters drinking out of glass beer bottles because they know if there is no drink allowed they wouldnt have a live audience.

My favourite cue sports event of the year. Don't see the problem with having it every year, its only 16 hours of coverage.
    Midweek slot is useful for Sky in a week when they have little or no live sports, though undoubtably if it was a mega event then it would be pride of place on a weekend. So its a minor sports event but clearly it works as what it is and sells out 1400 seats which is a decent achievement. Would love to go to it in LV some year.

Always felt Barry missed a trick by not trying Premier League Pool instead of his dreary and now abandoned Premier League Snooker. 4 of the English pool lads and 6 snooker players playing 8ball and 9ball over a league basis would surely have been a more interesting spectacle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

I remember in my younger years their was little i looked forward too more than the Mosconi Cup. But is it even advertised at all anymore the last two or three years i didn't hear anything about it.

It used to be closer to Christmas i remember last year around now checking when it was on and it was already after finishing.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I remember in my younger years their was little i looked forward too more than the Mosconi Cup. But is it even advertised at all anymore the last two or three years i didn't hear anything about it.

It used to be closer to Christmas i remember last year around now checking when it was on and it was already after finishing.

I think it was allways on around the same time as the toy show

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

Flicked over to it last night.... saws that Earl The Pearl was not playing so turned it off again. Its just not the same without him

seoirsem wrote: »
    Flicked over to it last night.... saws that Earl The Pearl was not playing so turned it off again. Its just not the same without him
    Him Archer and Rodney Morris all dropped! The USA Captain trying too kick his team into gear for their first win in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Nuts102 wrote: »

Same, watched pretty much every shot when it was in its weekend slots until up to a few years ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement