Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some advice on areas to live

Options
  • 18-10-2012 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I need some help. I'm trying to find a nice house on the North side of Dublin but I have some requirements:

- Close to the bus stop (nothing more than 10 min walking) and transport to the airport (nothing that takes more than 45 min by bus)
    - Safe place (I've got an 1 year old child)
    - Some amenities near like supermarket, pharmacy, pub/restaurant (I can take the bus to get there as long as its really near)
    - A park and/or a creche near by would be a plus!

I'm currently living on Drumcondra but I have to leave the house. I like the area but I'm not finding nothing near (at least for my pockets). I'm looking for a 2 bedroom house (950€/month maximum) with nice conditions.

Everyone tells me to stay away from Ballymun, especially the north part of the Ballymun Road. Santry seems like a nice area, but on the ads everything is Santry :D. I can't seem to get what are the good and the not so good parts of it.

What do you recommend?

Thanks for all your advices. :)
    Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

You wont find any house for €950 thats in anyway liveable. Even finding an apartment for that price will be struggle. Have you tried Daft.ie its generally where you will find any house thats for rent.

If there is no pictures or one of a bathroom dont bother looking at it as it will be horrible hence the few pictures. Generally its a struggle for a local to get their child into a primary school even with family members having gone to the school.

Have you considered living swords. Some of buses are really quick into the city if they use the port tunnel

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭penana

Hi!
    Just took a quick look at Daft for the heck of it and saw a bugalow in Sutton for €900; here's the link - http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1268159r
    Good luck in your search!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nunomvbarreiro

Hi!

First of all, thanks for your replies, though I think I haven't explained myself well enough.
    More than hoping that you send me links, I want to know what's the best places to live, having in mind those requirements.
    I've been living in Dublin for 2 months now but it's very hard to understand the good and bad areas here.
    For some people it seems that only the South is good (which I don't think its true), for others its all bad and it's only a matter of luck and for others even Dublin is a paradise and all is good except for one or two places.

Each day that goes by I get more confused! lol

Advertisement