Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No nothing....??

Options
  • 29-08-2011 3:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

If this should be somewhere other than AH feel free to move it. Hypethetical.......guy with no insurance,tax,NCT,liscense crashes into two cars. his car and one other are wrote off and the third some damage.No serious injuries. What can he expect? What should he do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Surely you could see yourself that this would be better suited to either Motors or Legal Discussion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Lavattack wrote: »
    If this should be somewhere other than AH feel free to move it. Hypethetical.......guy with no insurance,tax,NCT,liscense crashes into two cars. his car and one other are wrote off and the third some damage.No serious injuries. What can he expect? What should he do?
    Likely a conviction, a fine and a driving ban

http://www.carlowpeople.ie/news/driver-had-no-tax-licence-or-insurance-729567.html

http://www.braypeople.ie/local-notes/motorist-had-no-licence-or-tax-1772005.html

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Lavattack

kmart6 wrote: »
    Surely you could see yourself that this would be better suited to either Motors or Legal Discussion!

Yeah I can but I only know how to post in AH sorry. Can you move it by any chance please??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

long ban and a very big fine. what should he do, can't answer that one.

Depends on previous convictions, possible prison sentence.

What should he do? Sort his life out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Lemme guess............ now this might be a wild stab in the dark here........ but............ hhmmmmmmmmm........ now i'm now Columbo or nothing' but......

I'm guessing........ hhmmmmmmmm..........

......... this situation isn't completely hypothetical is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Lemme guess............ now this might be a wild stab in the dark here........ but............ hhmmmmmmmmm........ now i'm now Columbo or nothing' but......

I'm guessing........ hhmmmmmmmm..........

......... this situation isn't completely hypothetical is it?

Does it matter, he just wants some feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,826 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

guy with no insurance,tax,NCT,liscense crashes into two cars. his car and one other are wrote off and the third some damage.No serious injuries. What can he expect? What should he do?
    -50dkp

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

hondasam wrote: »
    Does it matter, he just wants some feedback.

there's a big difference though.

If it's hypothetical, grand. If not and it's him, you're giving him legal advice that (i'm just guessing here) you're not qualified to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

just be happy that no one was seriously hurt.

• Advertisement

Reminder:
    Rights of Boards.ie
    11. Our rights and responsibilities
    11.1 Liability and accuracy:

We do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Material posted on the Site is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such Material by any user, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
    OP your Thread (if anywhere) belongs here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=633 Pay special attention to the stickies at the top of the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Paarse Krokodil

I know someone who was crashed into by one of these people

the fella without insurance paid for the damage out of his own pocket and nothing more was ever said or done about it

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Lavattack

MrStuffins wrote: »
    there's a big difference though.

If it's hypothetical, grand. If not and it's him, you're giving him legal advice that (i'm just guessing here) you're not qualified to do.

Its nothing to do with me actually. Just a friend of mine who regrettfully took out his car when he obviously shouldnt have. He is panicing here as niether of us have/had aclue what happens so I said I would see what ye think. Nothing taken too serious as the solicitor will have a fair idea when they speak tomorrow we assume.

Its nothing to do with me actually. Just a friend of mine who regrettfully took out his car when he obviously shouldnt have. He is panicing here as niether of us have/had aclue what happens so I said I would see what ye think. Nothing taken too serious as the solicitor will have a fair idea when they speak tomorrow we assume.
    /facepalm

IBTL. I don't personally advise any more responses to this thread. I imagine they'll be dealt with rather swiftly.

If you can't afford a solicitor right away, be aware that the Citizens Information bureau can offer free legal advice.

Your friend's case is not an alarmingly unusual one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

You(r friend) should be glad it wasn't a more serious incident for such idiocy.

Its nothing to do with me actually. Just a friend of mine who regrettfully took out his car when he obviously shouldnt have.
    What was he doing with a car if he doesn't possess a driver's licence:confused:

Can't believe someone would be so negligent when for so long it's been famously easy to get a driver's licence in this country.

Just noting the timing of your post & the fact that the guy crashed into two cars... no offence but is there any chance alcohol or some other substances were involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Boards.ie and especially AH is not the place for legal advice.
    Locked.

Please use the legal forums for discussion but not for advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement