Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Official "End of the World" Thread

Options
  • 28-08-2011 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

21/12/2012 is fast approaching; do you guys, the cream of Boards.ie, think that the world is actually going to end then? Or even before, because the world appears to be going to crap at the moment?

Discuss!

(Hope this lasts until 21/12/2012 at least!) :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Arsenal lost 8-2

The end is nigh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Didn't Nostradamus get this wrong before? :confused:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,139 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is the world going to crap at the moment?

Just like the last time few times it ended I think we'll get away with it again, not to mention the mayan's "world" ended ages ago when those european ships showed up on their shores. Why didn't they prophecise that?

Apocalypse Bah Humbug! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

To United??

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BmxNoob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Man U scored more than Donegal - the end is nigh :pac:

62616_2012calendar.jpg

Nostradamus- "And verily did a red devil achieve 4 times 2, and a great cannon failed to fire as a result- this is the most accurate harbinger of our demise."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

21/12/12?? We'll have time for one last quick one so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

In before the end of the world....woohoo!

• Advertisement

I hope Aliens visit us after the world ends and see this thread..somehow..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

what about 11/11/11 yet OMG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

Yep, it's going to end this time, for certain, definitely, you can bet your life on it.

Intelligent people will kill their families and themselves now, just to beat the rush. You know it makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

It's a non issue because the world isn't ending but even if it were there'd be sweet feck all we could do about it so fret not boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    I hope Aliens visit us after the world ends and see this thread..somehow..

I'll stay logged in, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Thread could have waited another year tbh. On the bright side, we won't have to deal with all the apocalypse threads that will surely come

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I hope the world ends to be honest, im tired and have had enough I feel like not enough butter spread over too much bread.

Knowing my luck i will just have to keep going on... Damn you cruel world, damn you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The date is a load of bollocks, our calender was adjusted a few times in recent centuries. Therefore the real date might even be tomorrow.:D

Thread could have waited another year tbh. On the bright side, we won't have to deal with all the apocalypse threads that will surely come

^^

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

you have just had a hurricane with its massive 35mph winds dropping 2 inches of rain on new york :rolleyes: the end is nigh..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    21/12/2012 is fast approaching; do you guys, the cream of Boards.ie, think that the world is actually going to end then? Or even before, because the world appears to be going to crap at the moment?

Discuss!

(Hope this lasts until 21/12/2012 at least!) :pac:

Feck that, have you not seen the Arsenal score today :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

rossie1977 wrote: »
    you have just had a hurricane with its massive 35mph winds dropping 2 inches of rain on new york :rolleyes: the end is nigh..

You'll get faster 'gusts' in my bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

what about 11/11/11 yet OMG

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!

I hope someone gets that reference...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

galwayrush wrote: »
    The date is a load of bollocks, our calender was adjusted a few times in recent centuries. Therefore the real date might even be tomorrow.:D

ITS TOMORROW?! SHlT!! Everyone panic!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Just having a quick look around my bedroom here now, don't think it can get any worse then it is...

;P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Um..I hope not.

I have a diary of plans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I expected a thread with the word Official in the title to be epic.this is not epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

A the end of the day it's a case of the emporers new clothes, going forward.

When push comes to shove and the fat lady sings there will be hell to pay.

You got to speculate to accumulate and business is business in a dog eat dog world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Hmmm..

If it was your last day before Armageddon arrived, how would you be spending it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I think the earth itself will get so pissed off with everyone talking about how its gonna end that it will self-explode out of sheer rage.

Advertisement