Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caravan Breakers?

Options
  • 26-07-2009 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hey everyone,
    I just have a quick question for ye if that’s ok. A mate is doing a van conversion and is looking for like a caravan breakers yard or somewhere that sells second hand stuff for caravans, cookers, fridges, electrical components etc. I have no idea about any of this, he just asked me to have a scout around for him so any advice or info would be really appreciated.
    Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Handiest is to go to a scrapyard and see if they have an old caravan around and get the parts off it. They will charge you though.

You could also try donedeal, gumtree, adverts or buyandsell etc to see if anyone is selling stuff.

Any big conversions I ever did I always bought an old caravan, took what I wanted out of it and then scrapped it. Last caravan I gave away and its still in use as a chicken shed. :pac:

If you decide to go this route you can see if most things function on the spot but tbh I tend to lob out the few bob for a new fridge as I find they are often underpowered or broken at that age.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

If you are looking for a cooker got to Aldi the one beside nutgrove shopping centre in dublin has load left two ring + a grill going cheap under 100 possibly 50

Advertisement