Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Accomodation near UCC

Options
  • 06-05-2009 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi guys,

Im a postgrad in UCC and just found out yesterday that my landlady isn't taking on lodgers over the summer. I'm not from Cork myself and I'm in the middle of studying for exams so I don't have alot of time to be looking for a new place to stay- I have to be out of my current place by May 29th :( I'm looking for a place for 4 postgrad girls, ideally in close proximity to UCC. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Call to the Accomodation office. The staff there are very helpful and they'd probably be able to advise you better than anyone here.

Make sure to check their website too: www.ucc.ie/en/asa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 carnaline

Thanks for the reply! Yup I went there this afternoon actually and they were very helpful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Bluebell55

Victoria Mills is open during the summer at Victoria Cross, costs €70 per week, including refuse, bills, and private underground car parking. Takes less than 10 mins to walk to college, close to shops, gym, everything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Chefdf

Most of the student accommodations are open during the summer. Vic mills victoria lodge, castlewhite, faranlea etc... My advice would be to stay in one of them. Victoria mills would be the best by far. Far easier than trying to find a house which is just too much hassle if you ask me. And at €70 you wont find many places cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gouldst

just to let you know if you're still stuck , I'm a UCC postgrad and living on Gould st with another female postgrad, just a few mins walk to college and have two spare rooms, available May 29th, rent is €70, double beds in all rooms, high-speed wireless, cable tv etc, a really nice house. It's up on gumtree and daft with a few pics if ya wanna take a look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Herbie&Hirbie

Hi, Carnaline!

I am a postgrad in UCC as well and not from Cork. I am in the same boat as you. I have booked myself for the summer in Carraigbarre, those yellow houses opposite St. Finbarr's Cathedral, inside a gated complex wth gardens. I stayed there during the summer last year and I was happy there. All rooms are en-suite and there are only six rooms per apartment. They have a special discount on offer if you sign up before the 22nd May, which is Euro 68 per week for the standard rooms and Euro 73 per week for the bigger rooms. For the summer accommodation, they open starting the 4th of June, but if you need to move in earlier, you would certainly be able to speak about that to Kelly, the one in charge. She is very nice and helpful. You can PM me if you wish to have more info. I have just opened my boards.ie account, but I think I will know how to find my way around this wonderful internet system.

Good luck in your search.:)

Herbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭fredmc

You could try walking down College Rd, there are a few houses with signs in the windows advertising rooms for the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Hey Carnaline,

http://www.ucc.ie/services/propertyManager/house_search/

This is prob the best way to find a house. Myself and 2 other lads doing our masters last summer found a class house on college road. Ah good times :D

Advertisement