Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
01-03-2012, 15:34   #31
oxo_
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 314
If you do decide to play again or start anew, just be aware that many servers are dead these days. Do pick an active server to play on if you can.

Although Blizzard put a PR spin on the redundancies announced the other day, in reality it's quite telling I think that it corresponds with the serious drop off in active players on EU servers at least.

10 million players my arse. I'd wonder if the number for Europe is even above 200k these days.
oxo_ is offline  
Advertisement
01-03-2012, 19:20   #32
KilOit
Registered User
 
KilOit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxo_ View Post
If you do decide to play again or start anew, just be aware that many servers are dead these days. Do pick an active server to play on if you can.

Although Blizzard put a PR spin on the redundancies announced the other day, in reality it's quite telling I think that it corresponds with the serious drop off in active players on EU servers at least.

10 million players my arse. I'd wonder if the number for Europe is even above 200k these days.
I don't know many that still play it, say i had 100 friends from all over Europe from different guilds and servers through out my 6 years playing it, i'd say 5 are still playing it.

This 10 mil players is probably mostly included with Chinese players which don't bring in big cash like westners would, 200 being let go in Cork is a tell tell sign that no pr magic is going to sugar coat.
KilOit is offline  
02-03-2012, 21:32   #33
cocoshovel
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,961
I am probably going to pick the game up again (for the 5th time) this summer. When I do Ill probably join one of the most heavily populated and evenly distrubted english speaking servers.
Ive done some research and found there is only 1 of these, the others even though labelled english speaking, are filled with eastern european speakers and there is actually little or no english speaking unfortunately.
cocoshovel is offline  
05-03-2012, 10:01   #34
Shougeki
Registered User
 
Shougeki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoshovel View Post
Ive done some research and found there is only 1 of these, the others even though labelled english speaking, are filled with eastern european speakers and there is actually little or no english speaking unfortunately.
Id be interested in seeing this data
Shougeki is offline  
08-03-2012, 23:25   #35
sosmyface
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 92
havent played wow for over a year at this stage. Deleted everything last time as I was so browned off with it-except a level one with a bank of heirlooms (probably inferior now? woltk heirlooms?). I used to be a pvpaholic when i played and lately I have been watching the pvp streams on arena junkies and its really wetting my appetite.
I remember these forums used to be real busy years ago too but they dont seem as busy now - does that mirror whats happening in game as a whole?
if i did want to return would I be able to get my char undeleted?
sosmyface is offline  
Advertisement
08-03-2012, 23:55   #36
Berns
Moderator
 
Berns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lisburn NI
Posts: 2,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosmyface View Post
havent played wow for over a year at this stage. Deleted everything last time as I was so browned off with it-except a level one with a bank of heirlooms (probably inferior now? woltk heirlooms?). I used to be a pvpaholic when i played and lately I have been watching the pvp streams on arena junkies and its really wetting my appetite.
I remember these forums used to be real busy years ago too but they dont seem as busy now - does that mirror whats happening in game as a whole?
if i did want to return would I be able to get my char undeleted?
Throw me email that used for the lvl 1 and think u can get it up to 80 with the new scrolls.
Berns is offline  
09-03-2012, 00:25   #37
fiinch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosmyface View Post
havent played wow for over a year at this stage. Deleted everything last time as I was so browned off with it-except a level one with a bank of heirlooms (probably inferior now? woltk heirlooms?). I used to be a pvpaholic when i played and lately I have been watching the pvp streams on arena junkies and its really wetting my appetite.
I remember these forums used to be real busy years ago too but they dont seem as busy now - does that mirror whats happening in game as a whole?
if i did want to return would I be able to get my char undeleted?
well this expansion is over which is partly why this forum is less active, people are just waiting for pandas to arrive now really, but i'd say interest in wow has declined greatly from even as six months ago, cataclysm as a whole wasn't a great expansion and i think a lot of people dropped off after the first couple months of it like i did
fiinch is offline  
09-03-2012, 21:01   #38
cocoshovel
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shougeki View Post
Id be interested in seeing this data
I just went and searched the most populated and most evenly balanced english speaking realms, then I checked out their forums and read what advice people there were giving people about moving.
cocoshovel is offline  
10-03-2012, 20:01   #39
sosmyface
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berns View Post
Throw me email that used for the lvl 1 and think u can get it up to 80 with the new scrolls.
Thanks Berns, if I do go back it wont be for a couple of weeks I'd say. Still just thinking about it. cheers
sosmyface is offline  
Advertisement
12-03-2012, 11:06   #40
TheDoc
Registered User
 
TheDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 13,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by KilOit View Post
This 10 mil players is probably mostly included with Chinese players which don't bring in big cash like westners would, 200 being let go in Cork is a tell tell sign that no pr magic is going to sugar coat.
Too much being read into that.

Blizzard is a massively profitable company, they arnt feeling the pinch. They are however learning how to run a profitable organisation.

Blizzard has essentially perfected how to deal properly with customer support for games in my view, and their new ticketing system within battlenet is a welcome addition.

Naturally there is trimming down as a franchise moves onto its 8th year. From my understanding blizzard have simply just made the customer support aspect ( typically dead money) into a slightly more manageable project financially.

Most tickets nowadays get turned around pretty quickly in my experience. And that is partially because of the more efficent system they have in place.
TheDoc is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet