Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That one song that makes you remember 'her' !!

Options
  • 01-09-2011 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Feeling a bit sad tonight. :(

Started thinking about the first girl I fell in love with when I was 19. It was actually hearing a song on the radio today that stopped me in my tracks and sent old memories flooding in. It is really amazing how a piece of music can do this. It was so long ago, but it was on the radio a lot at the time while I was trying to deal with a broken heart.

Ok this one is kinda corny but this song makes me sad and think of all the girls that slipped away:

I am currently trying to rid myself of feelings for somebody so all this is making me sad!

:(:(:(:(

Well lads, we have all been there! We have all fallen for that one girl that slipped away or was not interested. We all feel sadness and loneliness at times although some of us can't admit it. Are there any songs in particular that remind you of that 'one girl'?

Please tell me I aint the only pathetic guy out there!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Gnarls Barkley - Crazy. Was everywhere during early 2006. The first few seconds turn me into nostalgically bitter :(

.....that it didn't work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

The first and last time I truly had my heart broken myself and the then girlfriend listened to this album and this song in particular a huge amount during our time together.This is actually the first time Ive listened to it in probably over a year.Beautiful song but it will forever have bittersweet memories for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

truly, madly deeply by savage garden
    1997, first year in college, first girl I loved
    if I hear that song it brings me back every time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Van Morrison - Have I Told You Lately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I'm Your's
    Jason Mraz.Reminds me of her every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Song was playing on a radio when we first kissed, it seemed to be playing somewhere and somehow for every special moment between us.

To this day I can't hear it without thinking of her and the mistake I made.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Just nostalgia really as opposed to the person in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Miss Olenska

Joni Mitchell - Woodstock and Tom Waits - I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You

Remind me of my favourite ex. Man, I fúcked that up. :(

EDIT: oops, sorry, I'm a laydee. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Nickelback: Rock Star, was playing at a party when I first kissed my ex.

I fcucking hate Nickelback :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Wheatus - A Little Respect

Was playing during our first kiss and she was the first girl to break my heart.

Still get a tear when I hear it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I never realised what i had, she was mad about me. We broke up at the end of the summer this song was out, she was moving away for a year. A regret! Song always reminds me of her in the sad sense.

Whereas this song reminds me of how great being her boyfriend was:

Awful song i know, but you asked for the one that reminds you of "her"

I met her out in town a few weeks ago, I was on a day long session so not at my most charming if you know what I mean. Gave the guts of 6 hours talking ****e to her. Mortified. Who wants an Ex-Girlfriend to see you in that state.

This one just reminds me that i miss her and wont be with her again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

This is the song that brings me back to my first ever girlfriend, I'll always remember walking down the beach with her and out of nowhere she just started singing it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I associate songs with most people I know, not just past girl friends.

This song always reminds me of my mate, song was playing at 4am while we were all drinking in the kitchen :)

This one reminds me of my cousin. Sent it to him on facebook few hours before he passed. Can't really listen to it still. :-/

This song reminds me of a girl I used to go out with.

This reminds me of another girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Two songs remind me of the relationship that had the biggest impact on me to date (and not because it was the best, probably because it turned out to be the worst in the end. I was still mad about him though). We used to fight all the time and this was released in the same year. Think David Kitt was going through something similar so this song was therapeutic at the time:

Then he ended because the fighting was so bad and my heart was smashed to pieces. I played this song continously while spending an unhealthy amount of time in bed. Luckily 4 years later I can laugh about it and this song doesn't make me feel sick anymore!! :)

Broken hearts always mend, OP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Anything by the Fratellis :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Back in March of 96 I fell in love at 1st sight with a girl who sparked a smile in me every time I thought of her or saw her smile :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7EyUY3-Wrg&ob=av2e

We had 11 amazing years together :D but life is seldom fair and she died in April '07 leaving me and our son lost :(
    We played these 2 songs at her funeral.....
    Bryan Adams cos she just always loved the cheesiness of this song...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6TtwR2Dbjg&ob=av2n
    And James Blunt, because thats what I lost....My Lover, my best friend and my conscience ;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVyggTKDcOE&ob=av2e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 kellsbells73

Reminds me of my only real ex ah the fun in the early 90's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O02kxh5NMSI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

In 1993 and 1994 I was with my first love, after some real headwrecking sh*t we finally broke up. We both loved "Patience" by G&R. I thought of her for years anytime I heard that song.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEzuC5UoM8g

Then in 2010, many years older and supposedly all world-toughened, marriage and several relationships behind me, I met another girl who also loved that song and had done for years.
    I should have known better......:(:( another sweet cute headwreck.

They say the music you listen to on your first time of getting your heart broken stays with you forever. I find this to be true. I listened to Achtung Baby endlessly waaay back in 1994 and its still my favourite album of all time.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6snI72LGfP4

This ^^^ is "So Cruel" from Actung Baby, this one took on a whole new set of meanings for me earlier this year, nearly 18 years on.
    The lyrics are the most powerful I've ever listened to.

Thankfully I'm all happy again now, recently met another one.........:D

Wonder what I'll be listening to whenever she gets sick of my face :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Jason Fly

three days grace - gone forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knvUPtue1Rw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

This is the only song I'd listen to from Chris de Beef as I swear he must have secretly invaded my life and used my awkwardly shy teenage romance of 86 for his song. She was from the UK visiting my seaside town and at the end of Summer I was devastated when she left and could have said and done more (easy now, I don't mean nothing filthy)

Now heading to conspiracy theories forum to write about this also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

I dont really have one but this has got to be one of the ultimate ones:
    Roxy Music "If there is Something"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

Total eclisp of the heart. Part that said turn around bright eyes, she had when she looked at me.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

getzls wrote: »
    Total eclisp of the heart. Part that said turn around bright eyes, she had when she looked at me.:)

Eclipse not eclisp :D:D

Did she have a lisp? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Anything by Joshua Radin - one of my favourite artists and I can't listen to him anymore because I get swept away by nostalgia and end up feeling like shít:

Terrible song but this one in particular reminds me also

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

Eclipse not eclisp :D:D

Did she have a lisp? :o

She did by the way, do you know her?:D OK i can't spell when i'm drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

1st Girlfriend- The Killers, mr brightside. Was big when i met her in college.
    Summer fling- James blunt, your beautiful (she used give me a lift to and from work, and this was on the radio)
    The one that got away- James Blunt, Goodbye my lover (heard it last night and was brought back to the good old times, maybe its just thewords as opposed to actually it being from the time with her)
    Last GF- no song yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Alopex

"sometimes" by alphastates for the one

falling to pieces by the script gives me a weird longing for a girl who doesn't exist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

It's all in the title really, never happened though.:o
    Maybe someday, a boy can dream :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Advertisement