Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pee beside another guy thread

• 15-11-2009 4:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

So after much searching I couldn't find the thread I saw yay back ago.
    Anyhow.. was in the pub with the old man tonight watchin Ireland lose.. Half time comes and 3 pints had found themselves south of the equator. So all in goodness off to the jax, I undo my jeans, flip the lad out but nothing. *wtf* I need to go but still its like there was something blocked. I began really forcing myself into a push all the while looking at the tiles to try take my mind off it.
    Anyone any experiences or tips?
    Sure I could use the cubicle but it was in use and I needed to go!
    Needless to say. I've never been so uncomfortable pissing. I think it was down to not knowing the peopl around me! :eek:

mods to delete or merge as they see fit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Stop actually thinking why you aren't going and then you'll go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Thats what I done. Hence staring at the tiles and concentrating on them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA Sux don't it. Yup that happened to me a while ago.

I just couldn't go. I reckon it's because I didn't know the oul' fella ndxt to me. I had to zip back up and leave all embarrassed. His gigling didn't help in the slightest.

I eventually went at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

One night in a club in London I couldn't whizz for reason I won't go into, didn't stop me trying about 20 times over the night just in case. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Paruresis - the bashful bladder syndrome.

http://www.beachpsych.com/pages/cc68.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,495 ✭✭✭cml387

Reminds me of a Spitting Image sketch from years ago.

Two cabinet ministers are having a leak when Maggie Thatcher joins them.
    After she's finished her business and goes away,one minister turns to the other and say
    "I can never go when she's here"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

think of waterfalls....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Always get this. Can never take a slash in public, not even in cubicles unless the cubicle is completely sealed. It sucks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Happened me last week in the library jacks, there are only two bowls and some fecker came and stood beside me when I was there first. lavatory etiquette clearly states you don't stand beside another guy no matter what! I was so shocked I couldn't go, while he pissed his little heart out....bastid. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Doesn't toilet ettiquette say that you should use the furthest away one. But if there are only 2, and someone's already using it, its OK to use the other. Honestly, I'd feel a lot weirder if there was some guy waiting behind me while I take a leak, than if he had just stepped up beside me to use the orher urinal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Agree with LD 50.

It never happened before though! Stage fright me thinks as the lads who were in the bathroom were all quite intimidating to start off with and loud (from the excitement drink and the match presumably).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

LD 50 wrote: »
    Doesn't toilet ettiquette say that you should use the furthest away one. But if there are only 2, and someone's already using it, its OK to use the other. Honestly, I'd feel a lot weirder if there was some guy waiting behind me while I take a leak, than if he had just stepped up beside me to use the orher urinal.

This is perfectly correct ettiquette, but this only works if the urinals are far enough away that not even elbows touch.

I have gotten temporary stage fright a few times in the past. But I usually remember my lines after a few seconds of making my mind go blank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Happened me last week in the library jacks, there are only two bowls and some fecker came and stood beside me when I was there first. lavatory etiquette clearly states you don't stand beside another guy no matter what! I was so shocked I couldn't go, while he pissed his little heart out....bastid.
    Thats not right, you go to the furthest one away from the one being used. If that happens to be beside the first one then its fair game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭DenMan

Same here OP. I hate it. I just freeze up with so many other guys in the bathroom. Must be STAGE FRIGHT!!! :(

Sometimes I can force myself to go and away it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

I'm not really insecure about this, so I never understood the necessity of the rule of not using a urinal next to another guy who's using one. However, I adhere to it as it's a bit of a societal idiom to give strangers their own space in public places whenever possible, e.g. you wouldn't sit right next to someone on a bus if there are full seats free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mr.Converter

Yep, stage fright / pee shy. :) Happens with strangers more so as its harder to relax. I think it happens to most men at some point. When it becomes really bad so that you cant piss near anyone..i think thats called paruresis.

Advice, get there first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭drzhivago

Was working in A&E long time ago
    We were exposed to patient with meningitis in close proximity for a long time
    We had to take antibiotics for a few days

One of the side effects was that it makes pee luminous orange, very bright

It was funny that night going to pub and having a pee then watching the heads turn as the luminous orange trickled down the urinal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

drzhivago wrote: »

One of the side effects was that it makes pee luminous orange, very bright

Wkd :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭maherro

I just sing dont go chasing waterfalls by TLC in my head

Laugh at me if you like, but it works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I really dont get this one at all, I think I could take a piss in the middle of croke park with the stadium full.

Like an other poster I do adhere to these rules but never understood why people would get nervous about pissing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Rob_l wrote: »
    I really dont get this one at all,
    Like an other poster I do adhere to these rules but never understood why people would get nervous about pissing.

+1 - I cant understand this either.

I mean if you need to go you go - otherwise its like some type of infection.

A story for the grandkids.....
    I think I could take a piss in the middle of croke park with the stadium full.
    ..... and then I met President McAleese and shook her hand too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Just hold it until you are near to pissing your pants. Walk to the nearest urinal and you should be flowing within two seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭DenMan

Aidric wrote: »
    Just hold it until you are near to pissing your pants. Walk to the nearest urinal and you should be flowing within two seconds.

Hoping it's free of course!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Happens here and there depending on the closeness of the other dude.

Find myself looking at the grout between the wall tiles and often find myself going "jesus, thats shoddy tiling if I ever saw it, oh wait look i'm peeing...":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I haven't pissed at a urinal for probably 15+ years. It doesn't matter if there is someone at the urinal or not. Maybe I'm insecure and maybe people laugh at me but I don't care. There are more important things in life to get worked up over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

This happened to me at the AC/DC concert in Punchestown in June... Technically not a urinal, but a big long wall that everyone decided to piss up against. There I was, stood alongside thousands of others, not able to pee!!! I was bursting, but nothing was happening!!! I was standing there, holding my jammed penis, looking like a weirdo. After maybe 30 seconds, I slowly put it away and slinked off, trying to ignore a snigger or two...

Never has happened to me since, even in places like Croker or Stamford Bridge or wherever there are huge numbers of people. But it is so bad when it does happen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

DenMan wrote: »
    Hoping it's free of course!!! :eek:

Life is a game of chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 Miller Boy

It reminds me of the scene from the Spaghetti Western, My Name Is Nobody. The guy next to the main character in the toilet just couldn't perform. Anyone remember it?

Tried to find a youtube link but no joy. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

This happens to me sometimes. I just look at the ceiling and it happens for me. But sometimes when I'm drunk I have to make sure that I'm really awake as I'd hate to be asleep at the time, dreaming that I'm in the pub:eek:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭asdfgh86

It's a nightmare when it happens, I have occasionally just zipped up and walked away hoping no-one noticed that I didnt piss.

Advertisement