Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piano exam question!

Options
  • 24-11-2015 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all. Curious to know dos anyone ever fail a piano exam due to the sight reading part? I feel my scales and pieces are to a good standard but my sight reading is horrible. And the exam is tomorrow! It's grade 6 RIAM.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭anamaria

Hi all. Curious to know dos anyone ever fail a piano exam due to the sight reading part? I feel my scales and pieces are to a good standard but my sight reading is horrible. And the exam is tomorrow! It's grade 6 RIAM.

Sight reading is only worth 10 marks out of 100 so is highly unlikely that you would fail if your pieces/scales are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dildo S. Trap

anamaria wrote: »
    Sight reading is only worth 10 marks out of 100 so is highly unlikely that you would fail if your pieces/scales are good.

Thank you for the answer, that's great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭anamaria

Thank you for the answer, that's great news!

The breakdown of how marks are allocated should be up on the academy website. To be honest I have never come across anyone who failed. Even though I threaten my students with this when they get lazy I don't know if it ever happens! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dildo S. Trap

anamaria wrote: »
    The breakdown of how marks are allocated should be up on the academy website. To be honest I have never come across anyone who failed. Even though I threaten my students with this when they get lazy I don't know if it ever happens! :-)

Cool, thank you for the reply! :)

Advertisement