Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not registered on Network - S4

Options
  • 17-04-2014 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    Got this today and cant use the phone. Its on 4.4.2 already. Anyone know how to resolve this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

which network? is it a new simcard? What do you mean you cant use it?...and endless more questions if you want help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

which network? is it a new simcard? What do you mean you cant use it?...and endless more questions if you want help ;)

Sorry, probably the most vague post Ive ever put up :)
    Its on Vodafone and worked fine until this morning and then just dropped off the network. Showing full bars but getting errors when trying to call from or call to the phone.
    Wifi seems fine on it.

Tried restarting it but that doesnt work either.

Tried that too but it doesnt even list Vodafone in there. Just the other operators. And when I select any of them it wont register on their networks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

Sounds like the phone might be IMEI blocked, is that possible?

i would go back to shop you bought it in if relatively new. It may be a phone or simcard error, could be either really

• Advertisement

Crap - phone was working fine until earlier this morning. How can the bloody thing just die. Was going to try a factory reset to see if that worked but am I wasting my time?

try a different active simcard first, borrow someone elses. It may just be a sim issue. When I got that message last it was on a new sim which had not been matched to my number yet.

Just trying another test SIM now to see whats going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Did you port your number / get a new SIM card to fit the phone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Doublelime

Manually select the network in settings. Do it for about a week and the problem will go away. I had the same problem on my s4

• Advertisement

Looks like a brand new SIM card isnt working either. Still wont view Vodafone as an operator

Doublelime wrote: »
    Manually select the network in settings. Do it for about a week and the problem will go away. I had the same problem on my s4

I cant even see Vodafone as one of the operators though. Its only showing the other 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

I cant even see Vodafone as one of the operators though. Its only showing the other 3.

I think you need to check this out
    B_Rabbit wrote: »
    Sounds like the phone might be IMEI blocked, is that possible?

What B_Rabbit says there.....

His did you procure the phone??

Bought privately, eBay, Done deal??

If you bought new, via Vodafone, sorry for suggesting above, just bring it back.

If from private seller, eBay, DD, contact the seller, if you can....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

Is the Vodafone network down in your area at the minute?

Hey folks, bought it direct from Vodafone about 8 months ago as part of an upgrade. Doing a factory reset now to see if that solves anything.
    Cant be IMEI blocked and its not the SIM as another VF SIM failed in it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Hey folks, bought it direct from Vodafone about 8 months ago as part of an upgrade. Doing a factory reset now to see if that solves anything.
    Cant be IMEI blocked and its not the SIM as another VF SIM failed in it also.

Well that's not right then, no way should it be blacklisted.

You could check here:

www.imei.info/

Just to be sure.

I would go back to Voda, 8 months is a short time.

So it looks like the phone isnt blocked. Tried to do a Factory Reset - no joy. Put in a 2nd SIM from Vodafone and it didnt work.
    Have to bring it in to a VF store now but Ive already told them the software is up to date.

Advertisement