Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan leaf breakdown

Options
1235»

Comments

I guessed it was the charge controller because of experiences others have had, it was a good place to start even if it wasn't the fault.

By simply researching the fault on the internet I came up with the potential problem. How hard is it for Nissan technicians to do the same ?

How hard is it to start with the charge controller and follow Nissan procedures for diagnosis ? If it's not that then move on.

I'm sure they couldn't fix the problem on their own, but how hard is it to do your own research ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mmitche

I'm hoping to use the network of FCPs to get out there and enjoy the car. Before the breakdown I drove from Wales to the south west of Ireland and really enjoyed the experience. The leaf is pure pleasure to drive, solid and silent...

mmitche wrote: »
    I'm hoping to use the network of FCPs to get out there and enjoy the car. Before the breakdown I drove from Wales to the south west of Ireland and really enjoyed the experience. The leaf is pure pleasure to drive, solid and silent...

It sure is great to drive, the instant torque has to be experienced.

How were you charging the Leaf the night it died ?

It sure is great to drive, the instant torque has to be experienced.

How were you charging the Leaf the night it died ?

I wasn't charging it on the night that it died. I used an FCP the previous day. I'll post the report from nissan when the car is returned.. Delighted that it's sorted....

OP being a few weeks now, how are you getting on with the car ?

Any report of the work carried out ?

• Advertisement

OP being a few weeks now, how are you getting on with the car ?

Any report of the work carried out ?

Hi mad_lad
    I've clocked up a lot of mileage in my leaf since the repair and I'm really enjoying it. I didn't get a report on the works but I notice that the battery now charges to 100%.
    My next challenge is to get a home charger installed and sort out Carwings. There's no going back once u get the satisfaction of driving a car as smooth as this ;-)

mmitche, how many miles do you drive to work and back ?

Will work install a charger for you ? my work place said they were actually thinking about it but I'm not permanent and so buying a Leaf is not an option, I'm hoping to get word if they make me permanent within the next month. The Nissan QC is 2 mins drive away.

They can't get their head around the fact that only those who need to charge should be allowed to use the charge points, it would greatly cut costs and prevent cheapskates looking for free charging.

People like me who may not make it back home on one charge or apartment owners that will be blocked from installing a home EVSE etc.

You should get the leafspy app and bluetooth OBD II adapter. I would be very interested in getting the data about your battery.

Where are you located again, I have the adapter and would take data if you were up for it , if you live reasonably close ?

mmitche, how many miles do you drive to work and back ?

Will work install a charger for you ? my work place said they were actually thinking about it but I'm not permanent and so buying a Leaf is not an option, I'm hoping to get word if they make me permanent within the next month. The Nissan QC is 2 mins drive away.

They can't get their head around the fact that only those who need to charge should be allowed to use the charge points, it would greatly cut costs and prevent cheapskates looking for free charging.

People like me who may not make it back home on one charge or apartment owners that will be blocked from installing a home EVSE etc.

You should get the leafspy app and bluetooth OBD II adapter. I would be very interested in getting the data about your battery.

Where are you located again, I have the adapter and would take data if you were up for it , if you live reasonably close ?

I'm only 4 miles from work in limerick. My employer is building a new premises and it will have charge points, so it's looking good..
    I'll download the leaf spy app...
    The car is fantastic to drive, and with the possibility of sourcing a used car cheaply, the finances stack up very well!

I'm only 4 miles from work in limerick. My employer is building a new premises and it will have charge points, so it's looking good..
    I'll download the leaf spy app...
    The car is fantastic to drive, and with the possibility of sourcing a used car cheaply, the finances stack up very well!

4 miles ? you lucky git ! :P

You don't need work charging then, you'd get away with 80% charging and probably get a week out of it.

Yeah do, post up a screen shot of the leaf spy data. :)

Still waiting for the Leafspy data !!! :D

• Advertisement

I can't find leafspy for the iPhone. I don't have an android device.

I can't find leafspy for the iPhone. I don't have an android device.

There is no leafspy app for I Apple, If you know anyone with an android ? Or if you live close enough I can do it. I wouldn't mind meeting up. PM if you're interested.

OP how are you getting on with your Leaf ?

Advertisement