Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abercrombie & Fitch

Options
  • 02-04-2008 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

Is A&F available in shops in Ireland, or do people order the stuff online? It's getting a little spooky, seeing so many distressed Ab omb e F ch shirts at UCD, especially around the Arts block... if I paid that much for a shirt, I'd expect the letters to last a little bit longer! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Fashion and Appearance maybe?

I *think* there's one in Dun Laoghaire somewhere, a boutique type place.

Gf was out there looking for some top or other and mentioned the place had that other American brands that are popular in UCD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Seconded, FAP is much more likely to find you an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Non-abercrombie shops selling stuff can get in major trouble, they have a huge brand protection policy because of the money they spend on their shops, which are almost museum like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Do we really need another Abercrombie thread? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

No, the only official Abercrombie stores are in the US,Canada and London.

No need for another thread on this. Lock imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I got an A&F hoodie out in Magic in Blanchardstown last week, all tags etc look genuine however I wouldn't be at all suprised to find it was a fake, tis quite cosy though, cost me €40..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you should see the fake hoodies they have in city2 in bray - see them waiting for my bus - they are quite hilarious, they are more fake than them car boot sale man utd. jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

rb_ie wrote: »
    No need for another thread on this. Lock imo.
    i agree. one is already too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

stereoroid wrote: »
    Is A&F available in shops in Ireland, or do people order the stuff online? It's getting a little spooky, seeing so many distressed Ab omb e F ch shirts at UCD, especially around the Arts block... if I paid that much for a shirt, I'd expect the letters to last a little bit longer! ;)
    If there was one in Ireland, you could be sure that the price would be extortionate, whereas in New York for example, the prices are very reasonable!
    mloc wrote: »
    they have a huge brand protection policy because of the money they spend on their shops, which are almost museum like.
    They sure are but I particularly dislike the one on 5th Avenue in NY. Far too dark, the staff immediately 'fix' any item of clothing you touched and the music is too loud. More like a stuffy niteclub than a shop :D I like to be able to see what I'm buying :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

never heard of them before , what are they? or is there a link to the org thread?

• Advertisement

emo!! wrote: »
    never heard of them before , what are they? or is there a link to the org thread?

They are an American clothing brand that are associated with notions of 'exclusivity' in Ireland :rolleyes: The clothing is street-casual, rather than 'urban'. Think 'GAP' and you have some idea of what kind of stuff they do.

The clothes aren't all that special, the quality is average and the styling is regular. It all looks nice but it's really nothing special.

Back in the day, wearing A&F used to be seen amongst students as a signal that you had 'been to the US', these days it's more associated with people trying to show they are wealthy...although as I said previously, the stuff is 'cheap as chips' in the States.

r3nu4l wrote: »
    They are an American clothing brand that are associated with notions of 'exclusivity' in Ireland :rolleyes: The clothing is street-casual, rather than 'urban'. Think 'GAP' and you have some idea of what kind of stuff they do.

The clothes aren't all that special, the quality is average and the styling is regular. It all looks nice but it's really nothing special.

Back in the day, wearing A&F used to be seen amongst students as a signal that you had 'been to the US', these days it's more associated with people trying to show they are wealthy...although as I said previously, the stuff is 'cheap as chips' in the States.

cool thanks! I think i'll pass on looking up a picture on the stuff, but meh each to there own.

emo!! wrote: »
    cool thanks! I think i'll pass on looking up a picture on the stuff, but meh each to there own.

Well don't take my word for it, visit the website :) What I said is only my opinion but I'm sure many, many others disagree :)

The average price of an A&F T-shirt in the UK is £30-£35, about €43, whereas in the US, the same T-shirt will cost you about $30, (£12.50-15, or €18-20).

i dont like it !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

r3nu4l wrote: »

couldn't put it better myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

This seems to be a very common question if it can be bought in Ireland.

I know that there is nowhere in Sligo that it can be bought but I came across a shop in Galway that had a few bits and pieces of A&F.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭chris_oc

AMEN!!!:D:D:D:D

The fact that the thread was started and that some people in the thread had never heard of A&F and that I don't think I've participated in an A*F thread before means that while there may have been other A&F threads before, this thread had some value...so yep, it was necessary. Question answered? Or was it rhetorical? ;):D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭scut

They sell them in some shop in st steven's green shopping centre, not sure what it's called but it's located downstairs near BOI atm. I saw an the hoddies there for about 100e so I reckon they're genuine. I also heard that they sell them it the sport's shop in Stillorgan, not sure if that's true though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

stereoroid wrote: »
    there is a small shop in the powerscourt town centre that do a&f

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If you buy A&F in ANYWHERE except an A&F store it's either fake or sourced very dodgily as A&F don't resell their old stock.

Just buy off the website. With the dollar so weak it's not very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

+1....... Anywhere in Ireland is questionable! And with the fakes getting better and better, people will easily fall for paying high prices for fakes. Just stick to the real thing from the website, or genuine stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TomOC

Does any1 know anything about the VAT and Tax...ive heard anything up to €75 and ive heard some people have gotten away scott free ??

anyone got any experience with the beloved tax ??

usually 25% of total package value.

yeh peoples opinons are here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055259663 on that farrell and brown store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

just buy online or go to america, its pretty cheap now with the dollar like.

Advertisement