Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today I saw a car for sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Kaiser D wrote: »
    To be honest, you could struggle to find any other diesel from the same vintage that would give any less trouble.

Do you have anything else in mind?

i've had everything in mind, from a €350 audi a3 1.8t banger, to a vvtli celica and a 03 mini cooper s.

nothing has grabbed me quite like the ZT. wasn't available for viewing today so going to try again tomorrow, it's only out the road :)

it's an interesting, out there, not too common car, comfortable and respectable looking, capable of doing big miles effortlessly. just what i need. wouldn't be interested in a diesel pisshat, vectra etc. i just need someone to tell me it will be ok and it won't be a money pit :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

i've had everything in mind, from a €350 audi a3 1.8t banger, to a vvtli celica and a 03 mini cooper s.

nothing has grabbed me quite like the ZT. wasn't available for viewing today so going to try again tomorrow, it's only out the road :)

it's an interesting, out there, not too common car, comfortable and respectable looking, capable of doing big miles effortlessly. just what i need. wouldn't be interested in a diesel pisshat, vectra etc. i just need someone to tell me it will be ok and it won't be a money pit :P

I was just going to say it would be a much better buy than a Passat or A4 diesel. I couldn't see it giving any more or less trouble than a Passat or A4. Its certainly a better looking car and more interesting than anything in its class.

I know what I'd have!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

IMO that ZT is just the job. It does everything a Passat, a4 or E46 diesel will do but is much much rarer and more interesting. More lightly to turn my head anyway:). The only thing that would put me off it is that people (who know nothing or at least very little) telling you that MG are a heap of sh1te and you should have got an Octavia:rolleyes:

What sort of milage are you going to be doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

loving this
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mg-zt-mg/6768393

but then seen this
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mg-zt-diesel/6643403

scarily low mileage, but still interested if it could be had for 25- 2600. absolutely blue in the face thinking about cars now. just want the whole ordeal over with. don't have a clue what i want. it's only out the road, might go view it.

It's only been driven 10k miles in 4 years since I looked at it last in Dublin......it was rough then btw and took an age to sell.

If you want one get on to the owners club and import it. It's cheap to bring one in.

it can be rough if it wants, id enjoy every minute of tidying it up :P so long as the mechanicals are in good form i'm happy. interesting mileage point, but i will be motorchecking it before i'd part with cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

it can be rough if it wants, id enjoy every minute of tidying it up :P so long as the mechanicals are in good form i'm happy. interesting mileage point, but i will be motorchecking it before i'd part with cash.

I'd really avoid it.....I looked at a MK3 Golf SDI today for €300. Better value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/honda-beat/6378352

Honda BEAT1996

Convertible

650cc

NCT 30.06.14

Tax 31. 05.14 (199euro/year)

2500euro
    i would like this too but would take a cappo over the beat:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Interslice wrote: »

That'd be such a shame to break!

I'd love that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

davycc wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/honda-beat/6378352

Honda BEAT1996

Convertible

650cc

NCT 30.06.14

Tax 31. 05.14 (199euro/year)

2500euro
    i would like this too but would take a cappo over the beat:D
    Is the beat not a better built car than a cappuccino though? The cappuccino had very poor rust protection.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Is the beat not a better built car than a cappuccino though? The cappuccino had very poor rust protection.

yea your right regarding the rust issue and they rust generally worse than the beats but if i found a nice jap import cappo with the underside in good order Id snap it up- far more tuning options and a lot faster as standard than the NA beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

davycc wrote: »
    yea your right regarding the rust issue and they rust generally worse than the beats but if i found a nice jap import cappo with the underside in good order Id snap it up- far more tuning options and a lot faster as standard than the NA beat.

Why did they make rear wheel drive, mid engined cars and then totally ruin them by putting tiny engines in them?:confused:

Why did they make rear wheel drive, mid engined cars and then totally ruin them by putting tiny engines in them?:confused:

it was the government regulations they had to follow closely for the KEI car market regarding engine size and overall car length and width..

they were mainly aimed at folks living in busy cities with no car parking spaces afik. and engine sizes were limited to 700cc as i recall.

ps the cappos are front engined rwd too.beats are mid engined:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Cool little cars.

Always remind me of those little toy cars you would shove a penny down the back of and they would go nuts spinning and wheelieing.

Most of you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

You've never driven a BEAT so ? 8000 rpm can be great fun, I'll never forget I gave a friend of mine a spin in one and I hadn't realised up until then, that the passenger seat is 2/3 rds the width of the drivers seat, clever packaging! however I would have loved a fire blade engine stuck in as a replacement.

Distributor bearing can seize leading to serious engine damage .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That's a psv. Not worth that money IMHO.

I'd be 99 percent sure that was PSV'd for tax reasons and not used as a cab or the likes.
    ba_barabus wrote: »
    I'd really avoid it.....I looked at a MK3 Golf SDI today for €300. Better value.

That sounds like the most boring car in Ireland!

If you do want one, I'd sell you mine cheaper than that black one ;)

• Advertisement

Kaiser D wrote: »
    If you do want one, I'd sell you mine cheaper than that black one ;)

It would unfortunately have to be free before I could afford anything at the moment :(

I'm saving up for something nice though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭chrisb1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

o0 shiney things

*thanks god debit card is still lost and cancelled :p

A friend of mine threw and Alfa up on donedeal ten times worse looking than yours (beat quarter panel etc etc) for 400 and it was gone in 5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

OK so this is blatantly my own car...
    However today I saw a Skoda Superb for sale :P

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-superb-2010-tdi-tax-nct/6727691

A friend of mine threw and Alfa up on donedeal ten times worse looking than yours (beat quarter panel etc etc) for 400 and it was gone in 5 hours.

Any tips on improving the advert ?

Good practise for ST advert too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-panda-100hp/6804204

Want :(

What kinda mpg would that do on a run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

:D

Sure it can't be that bad if it's a 1.4...surely...

Always liked them, and if I had to downgrade I'd buy one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

1.4 6speed, fiatforum fellas seem to say 40 ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I had the 1.2, it did about 45-50mpg.

Great car for what it is.

Dreamers thread pricing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

The amount of photos you've taken of that car over time - but you only use 5 of the allowed 10 when you put it up for sale? :confused:
    OK so this is blatantly my own car...
    However today I saw a Skoda Superb for sale :P

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-superb-2010-tdi-tax-nct/6727691
    Not to be slating your photo skills, but there's something needs changing on your camera settings. From a quick look at that advert I don't know if the car is blue, gray, black or something else? With the exception of the pic of the Cartell report, all the photos are way too blue. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

The problem with that superb is to me the spec is lower than an Irish equivalent although the missing bits are easily put right. Also the most proven engine.

It's missing multi function wheel and cruise which on the type of car it is are expected. Irish ones had heated half leather too but maybe not in 09. Silver trim is much nicer than the wood though and it looks tidy. Few nicer pics showing off the good bits would help it.

Any tips on improving the advert ?

Good practise for ST advert too :)

Yeah, put it on Dd, lol.

Yeah, put it on Dd, lol.

It's up there too, only put it on adverts so i could plonk it in my sig here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

It's up there too, only put it on adverts so i could plonk it in my sig here
    From your adverts ad ...
    a few scraped as to be expected
    Scrapes? ;)

Top Dog wrote: »
    The amount of photos you've taken of that car over time - but you only use 5 of the allowed 10 when you put it up for sale? :confused:

i said i'd take photo's of it in its current state and not pictures of it from 12 months ago. the headlights are a little yellowed after the winter and some small things like that, different head unit (original one had given up) etc. didn't want anybody getting a shock on arrival.

anyway, the fate of the car has been decided so to speak. a decision was made within i'd say 90 minutes of the car going onto donedeal. got interest from a few genuine enthusiasts and a few "lowest price" boios over the last day and hopefully the future for the car is a good one :)

• Advertisement

i said i'd take photo's of it in its current state and not pictures of it from 12 months ago. the headlights are a little yellowed after the winter and some small things like that, different head unit (original one had given up) etc. didn't want anybody getting a shock on arrival.

anyway, the fate of the car has been decided so to speak. a decision was made within i'd say 90 minutes of the car going onto donedeal. got interest from a few genuine enthusiasts and a few "lowest price" boios over the last day and hopefully the future for the car is a good one :)

Good work, got rid of it within a day of putting it up.

Then again, theres always a good market for standard stuff like yours where most have been modded.

Fair play to you for getting such a quick sale. Makes it much easier to say good bye IMO at least :p

Hope you got a good price for it and that it's gone to a good home. :)

The problem with that superb is to me the spec is lower than an Irish equivalent although the missing bits are easily put right. Also the most proven engine.

It's missing multi function wheel and cruise which on the type of car it is are expected. Irish ones had heated half leather too but maybe not in 09. Silver trim is much nicer than the wood though and it looks tidy. Few nicer pics showing off the good bits would help it.

What do you mean the good bits?
    (Genuine question)

I've only got interest from messers so far - texters etc nothing serious.
    So I'm going to redo the ad and reconsider the pricing too. I want it to be the cheapest for year (which it is - which reflects the basic trim level) without being suspiciously cheap.

What do you mean the good bits?
    (Genuine question)

I've only got interest from messers so far - texters etc nothing serious.
    So I'm going to redo the ad and reconsider the pricing too. I want it to be the cheapest for year (which it is - which reflects the basic trim level) without being suspiciously cheap.

Well the fact it's a diesel hammer home the low tax, show the space in the boot and the trick door, mention any history. The body looks straight so have it shown in good light. It shouldn't be a hard sell tbh, it would make an ideal taxi given the lack of a dpf for town driving too.

Yeah I think I will do that on Monday.
    The OH is into photography so I'll ask her to take some photos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

No need to get a photographer in, just turn it off bloody tungsten in light balance.
    Grinds my bloody gears. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Because sand paper ;).

Hal1 wrote: »
    Because sand paper ;).

Yep your right i have to sand my eyes after clicking that link:eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement