Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting photos from phone

Options
  • 10-09-2012 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

at my wits end. how do i get photos from phone without using Kies.?. i searched the internet and there doesnt seem to be a straight forward simple way of doing it, or am i missing something? its galaxy 2 phone. any help appreciated:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Try Airdroid. Works perfectly for me for getting music, photos etc off my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

plug in the usb. on the phone/notifications put it into camera mode. Now open windows explorer or whatever and it will appear a disk. Now copy them.
    rje66 wrote: »
    at my wits end. how do i get photos from phone without using Kies.?. i searched the internet and there doesnt seem to be a straight forward simple way of doing it, or am i missing something? its galaxy 2 phone. any help appreciated:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭rje66

elderlemon wrote: »
    plug in the usb. on the phone/notifications put it into camera mode. Now open windows explorer or whatever and it will appear a disk. Now copy them.
    thanks for quick reply.

tried this and it says there are no photos on phone. do i need to activate something on phone?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

try the DCIM folder either in the phone memory or on the sd card.
    rje66 wrote: »
    thanks for quick reply.

tried this and it says there are no photos on phone. do i need to activate something on phone?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Have you tried just emailing them to yourself?

• Advertisement

elderlemon wrote: »
    try the DCIM folder either in the phone memory or on the sd card.

dont have SD card, so the DCIM folder is located..............in settings:confused::confused::confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Kies is only needed to install the driver on your PC. Once the driver is installed and the phone is plugged in you should be able to see it in Windows explorer.

I presume you've tried that though.

I use this - WiFi Explorer Pro It's €.69

A more long term solution is Dropbox. Install Dropbox on your PC. Install the app on your phone. Any photos you take copy up to the Dropbox server automatically the next time your phone is on the internet. So if you lose your phone or if it breaks you can get the pictures in the dropbox folder on your PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Slightly off topic but Install Google + and enable instant upload. This way you auto backup your photos without doing anything. Only works for new photos once enabled. You can setup to only upload using wifi so not using up all your data.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but Install Google + and enable instant upload. This way you auto backup your photos without doing anything. Only works for new photos once enabled. You can setup to only upload using wifi so not using up all your data.
    This, there is also google drive, or as mentioned before (by me) emailing them to yourself and also as mentioned dropbox. You could also upload with facebook or with numerous twitter app, save the pic and then delete from facebook/twitter. There really are numerous ways of getting pictures from your phone to a computer.

Nolimits wrote: »
    Have you tried just emailing them to yourself?
    tried this as its the 'language' i understand the most. when i move pics to my documents from the email and open they look something like endless lines of this 000/////;;;;;00000:::::00000000``````, \\\\\\\ooooooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭G1032

Connect your phone to your computer as a mass storage device. Photos are in the DCIM folder. Just copy and paste to your PC.
    Alternatively use Wifi Transfer Pro or Airdroid, both available from the market. You'll need a Wifi connection in order to use either of them.

thanks for all the help. went down the drop box route, it works a treat now.easy to operate and set up too. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Login to http://picasaweb.google.com, if you have it syncing in your account settings they should all be there.

Advertisement