Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Amiga/c64 etc. games on Android?

Options
  • 07-09-2012 8:58pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've seen Another World, Speedball 2 and R-Type so far. None are free.

There's a UAE emulator for Android also and I have a bunch of ROMs and ASF files on my PC that I copied from my old Amiga disks. I could try use them but I don't know how well it works or how easy it is to use.

Anyone know of any others which have been ported or used UAE successfully?

(There's a game called Monkey Island II but it's not the real game.)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Well, I got the emulator working and can load games but can't figure out how to click with the mouse to get into the games. Anyone else have any luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Im running a C64 emulator on mine but never tried the amiga one. Was too lazy to go searching for the rom lol. I use a real amiga anyways :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Good to see we Amiga types are still around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

ST was better. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

The 'another world' 20th anniversary edition is great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

The ST was a machine I never got to use. I didnt know anyone that had one as we all had Commodores or Spectrums.

I also have a spectrum emulator called 'marvin' on my android and its pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Manach wrote: »
    Good to see we Amiga types are still around :)

****clicks follow thread****

:)

mondeo wrote: »
    The ST was a machine I never got to use. I didnt know anyone that had one as we all had Commodores or Spectrums.

I also have a spectrum emulator called 'marvin' on my android and its pretty good.

I had a C64, but when it came to the time for an upgrade I couldn't go the extra £100 for the Amiga. The ST had arguably better sound capabilities, but the Amiga had the edge (just) in terms of graphics.

I guess the ST versus Amiga debate was the Android versus iOS of it's day.

I had a C64, but when it came to the time for an upgrade I couldn't go the extra £100 for the Amiga. The ST had arguably better sound capabilities, but the Amiga had the edge (just) in terms of graphics.

I guess the ST versus Amiga debate was the Android versus iOS of it's day.

Whats an ST ??

The debate I remeber is Amstrad 464 vs Commodore64:D

Whats an ST ??

The debate I remeber is Amstrad 464 vs Commodore64:D

ST was the Atari ST. It was a direct competitor with the Amiga. They were the 16bit machines, and the 464 vs Commodore 64 were the 8 bit machines.

The ST came with either 512k or 1024k of RAM, and I think the Amiga had 1024k RAM. Unbelievable to think they were state of the art back in the early 90s

• Advertisement

ST was the Atari ST. It was a direct competitor with the Amiga. They were the 16bit machines, and the 464 vs Commodore 64 were the 8 bit machines.

The ST came with either 512k or 1024k of RAM, and I think the Amiga had 1024k RAM. Unbelievable to think they were state of the art back in the early 90s

Amiga came with 512kb but you could buy another 512k and plug it in a compartment in the bottom - the extra 512kb expansion cars was about the size of a Samsung Galaxy S3 :eek:

Amiga came with 512kb but you could buy another 512k and plug it in a compartment in the bottom - the extra 512kb expansion cars was about the size of a Samsung Galaxy S3 :eek:

and probably cost about 2/300 quid!

and probably cost about 2/300 quid!

If I recall it was more like £400-500 - but I could be wrong.....long time ago :D

I remember having to sell a pool table, a gas heater and an Atari XE and go halves with my brother for Christmas and both our birthdays to get the Amiga 500+. It was well worth it.

My Dad used to always trounce me at pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

beans wrote: »
    The 'another world' 20th anniversary edition is great!

+1 to this. Great game, so frustrating and enjoyable at the same time.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,445 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I had an Atari 520 STFM :D

You guys know about Amiga Forever ????

http://www.amigaforever.com/

PC/Mac/Linux Amiga emulator

Is that any different to the UAE? Still didn't manage to get beyond the start screens in any of the games I tried with it. I've got Cannon Fodder just waiting to be played and I can't click - so frustrating.

Is that any different to the UAE? Still didn't manage to get beyond the start screens in any of the games I tried with it. I've got Cannon Fodder just waiting to be played and I can't click - so frustrating.

I think its built on top of the UAE to make it easier to use.

I havne't used it in a while to be honest but I could get most games to work on it with some tweaking of settings etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

nedd wrote: »
    +1 to this. Great game, so frustrating and enjoyable at the same time.
    They really did a great job porting it onto android. Would love to see more classic Amiga games find there way onto Android devices.

• Advertisement
Advertisement