Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Night Show 27/9/2014

Options
  • 26-09-2014 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

It's a clash of the distinctive eyebrows this Saturday when Marty Morrissey meets Brendan O'Connor on the first show of the new season of the Saturday Night Show. TV3 presenter Mark Cagney and The Mayor of Boston are also guests.
    The fifth season will see B'OC link-up live to Marty and the winning team of the All-Ireland hurling final to join in the team celebrations and get reactions from the players.
    And another Marty, Marty Walsh, the Mayor of Boston will join Brendan to talk about his Irish roots and being the first Irish-American Mayor of Boston in over 20 years.
    Star of TV3’s Ireland AM and former late-night 2fm DJ Mark Cagney will also talk about life and work on the popular breakfast show.
    Stars of RTE2's reality show Connected Venetia Quick, Nicole McQuillan and Kate McGrew will explain how they got involved in the series and what the reaction has been from their family and friends to the show.
    Irish director, Gary Shore will discuss his recent rise to fame with his hit debut feature film, Dracula Untold. Music comes from Sligo country-roots band Old Hannah.
    The Saturday Night Show returns at 9.50pm on RTÉ One this Saturday, September 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Also, Twink's dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,115 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Also, Twink's dog.

Why does part of me think Twink lost her dog ON PURPOSE, just to get press attention? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Why does part of me think Twink lost her dog ON PURPOSE, just to get press attention? :D

Me too but some lad in his 20's was arressted for it, seems legit ;)

Come on, ghiertal...sort it aht!

1030432_o.gif

silly-hat-pug10.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Looking forward to the Show, and the thread. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

That does seem likely.

However, accepting that version of events would mean ruling out the idea that the dog wanted to run away, which, frankly, is fantasyland.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Hmmm...

Was considering going out for a rake o' pints tonight.

But, can I do that the night LL Cool M is on?

This is difficult.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Thanks for the puppehs WM.

I love that girl Kate from Connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Be careful what you wish for ...

Adele King and her dog Teddy will make a triumphant appearance tonight.

Here's her Facebook rant again
    See what I mean ????
    And still it continues..
    THREE LITTLE YORKIE'S FOR GOD'S SAKE !!!!!
    There is no end to it..
    This HAS to stop ....
    I have learnt more about the disgusting appalling state of animal welfare and animal rights...or should that be the lack of ....In this once dear land.....
    In the last four days
    Than I have in the last 40...
    I would like to say " Shame " on the people who chose to make cheap nasty vicious jabs at myself and Ted...on a occasion like this..
    So very hurtful....
    Speaks volumes about THEMSELVES though ..I reckon...!
    i should also like to ask them if THEY....Or their dogs have raised as much money for charity over the years ....as Teddy and I have ????
    Haven't ??
    Hmmmmnnn ... !!!!
    Don't worry...
    I worry about you
    Genuinely sad for you ....that you are like that...
    Such a miserable way to go through this short life..
    To all of you who (so far) who have offered overwhelming positivity....messages....assistance... love ..hugs.......and HOPE.....I am indebted to you.
    Astonished to find......MASS CARDS IN MY MAILBOX ...this weekend !!!!
    God bless you all ....
    Decent people .....X
    Myself and the girls thank you with all our hearts....
    I will do a proper thank you when every moment isn't spent trying to find Ted ....
    FYI......
    I will use all of this press to highlight the ATROCIOUS state of the laws concerning animal welfare in Ireland..
    As we are a global disgrace at present....
    So many cruel awful people out there...
    No wonder the world is in the condition it is eh ?
    And just LOOK at the state of the place ????
    Disaster.....
    So much hate..'
    So little love...
    Hate and bitterness ....."is"... what it is..
    Love is always love...
    It doesn't matter what "form" it takes...
    The latter is INFINITELY better !!!!
    Please remember that before you choose to write bile
    Whether our little Ted ever makes it home or not,...
    His life will not have been in vain..
    I intend spending the rest of my days trying to bring some DESPERATELY needed changes in our LAUGHABLE legislature here ..
    Then one way or the other...
    This will NOT all have been in vain....
    Profound thanks again my friends....

https://www.facebook.com/adele.condronking.1?fref=ts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

WB guys!

Twink's back!!!! :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Poor Brendan. He was cut off there, just as he was about to tell us more about the show. Hope it is not a sign of things to come. :D

Yeah but the suspense is killing me

IS Mary Hannifin in the audience?

Mooney to make way for Ryan Tubs, methinks!

Is that Marty or Oliver Callan?

Marty Morrissy is hideous in HD

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Evening all.

Marty's hair gets darker and his teeth get whiter as he gets older, when most people find the opposite happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I've nevered watched this show before - jesus christ, does he do that cringy intro at the beginning of every show with topical "jokes"

Absolutely shocking stuff...

Disappointing that the first guests of the new series are plugging a crappy RTE show, nothing has changed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I love that Kate girl (Sarah Jessica Parker lookalike and Carrie in a different reality)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is it a unique RTÉ show they made or was the format bought in? Seems a good idea for a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Hiya folks. Quite an atmosphere to see in Citywest this evening after Kilkenny's win today.

I haven't watched connected at all lately as I think it wouldn't be worth my time to see it on television.

I've nevered watched this show before - jesus christ, does he do that cringy intro at the beginning of every show with topical "jokes"

Absolutely shocking stuff...

Yes they are bad

Skid X wrote: »
    Disappointing that the first guests of the new series are plugging a crappy RTE show, nothing has changed.

Agree.

It is a good show however imo

Brendan went a bit severe on the sides with his new haircut.

Hiya folks. Quite an atmosphere to see in Citywest this evening after Kilkenny's win today.

I haven't watched connected at all lately as I think it wouldn't be worth my time to see it on television.

I am enjoying it. I think it is well done.

And from the ads I didn't think I would like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Good Evening Folks, I hope ye are all well :)

The blonde girl in the middle looks like an older version of Emma O'Driscoll.

Advertisement