Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will I watch??!

Options
  • 23-09-2014 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭

Ok so I've been going through lots of box sets to get me through the long evenings about to come our way! I don't know which to watch. I haven't seen many series's to be honest. Not seen breaking bad, the walking dead (saw 1 episode yesterday) game of thrones, prison break, mad men, boardwalk empire, lost, the wire, 24, well lots as you can see! :o so what do you reckon I'd be glued to most? There could be others I haven't even mentioned so please work away. I love drama, thriller, comedy, not major into other world stuff but might manage if the story is good.....thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Orange is the new black and game of thrones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Mad men
    Breaking bad
    Walking dead

We just started on True Detective last night. Fantastic acting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Would also recommend Orange is the New Black and Breaking Bad.......Lucky you, with these still to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

watch this - highly addictive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Luther, Sherlock, Person of Interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

The Blacklist is deadly. Cannot recommend it enough, watching it on sky on demand at the moment, series one is there now, new series starts back soon.
    Game of Thrones, true detective.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Orange didn't do it for me, watched 1st series and not much interest in watching any more.

Walking Dead, never really got into it, watch the odd episode these days and it just seems to be an exercise in how gruesome you can kill a zombie.

Watched maybe 1st 3 series of Mad Men, and again it hadn't enough to hold my interest. Got very samey.

Don't waste your time on Lost.

Ones I have really enjoyed recently are True Detective and House of Cards Series 1 & 2.
    About to start The Killing, based on recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Breaking Bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭snowgal

Thanks everyone, yes I cant believe it myself Ive missed so many series. Its just been a strange year and we havent really gotten in to anything new. I am one of those saddos who will watch all my favs over and over....Despersate Housewives, Modern Family, Smash etc! so I want something new and gripping now! Maybe Breaking Bad, a friend of mine at the weekend said he was actually jealous I hadnt seen it yet as he'd love to watch it from the start again...True Detective, Ill check that out too i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Start with Breaking Bad and Game of thrones, True Detective.The first season of Peaky Blinders is only 6 episodes long and well worth the watch, stars Cillian Murphy as the leader of a Birmingham gang after the end if the First World War, . Sam Neil plays the northern Irish cop on the opposite end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

THE SOPRANOS !!!
    Breaking Bad
    Game of Thrones
    The Wire

Cant go wrong with any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

snowgal wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, yes I cant believe it myself Ive missed so many series. Its just been a strange year and we havent really gotten in to anything new. I am one of those saddos who will watch all my favs over and over....Despersate Housewives, Modern Family, Smash etc! so I want something new and gripping now! Maybe Breaking Bad, a friend of mine at the weekend said he was actually jealous I hadnt seen it yet as he'd love to watch it from the start again...True Detective, Ill check that out too i think

That's exactly how I feel about it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Shows like Love/Hate and True Detective are handy as the series are short.

If you start watching Breaking Bad, The Sopranos (my all time fav), Mad Men, Lost then you are talking about 60 episodes+.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 herenowhi

Eldoco wrote: »
    THE SOPRANOS !!!
    Breaking Bad
    Game of Thrones
    The Wire

Cant go wrong with any of them

Definitely agree with first 3! I watched the wire for about 4ish series and I found it got quite slow storylinewise. Also the fact that McNulty rarely apoeared after season 2 disappointed me.

Sopranos is brilliant or for something different arrested development seasons 1-3 are gold.

Advertisement