Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glue-E4

Options
  • 15-09-2014 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

Sniff sniif

New show on E4 just started there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

...great, is it any good or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Read it's created by Jack Thorne who created the excellent but short-lived single season (despite winning a BAFTA) show 'The Fades'.

E4 tend to be pretty reliable at home-grown drama.. so I'll definitely give it a shot!

Was glad The Fades was one season really, same should have been with In The Flesh.

What's Glue about? Alt-J was the music on the ad and I was distracted by that

...wait a minute, he also has links to This is England

That makes this pretty much "must-see" really, doesn't it.

Will have a look tonight hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I watched it last night. It has been described as a cross between Broadchurch and Skins which is a very good comparison. The first episode was only ok, it seemed like they were trying to hard to make it moody and mysterious. I didn't feel like I learnt a lot about the characters, apart from maybe the policewoman. The lad from Rizzle Kicks is decent in it, though his character doesn't have too much depth yet.

I am definitely willing to give it a chance as we learn more about the characters. I think it does have potential to be a great show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The first episode was good and showed promise, but as Kiwi has pointed out, we didn't earn a lot about the characters..except that jockey one is a bit bonkers.

The mood is defintely right and think this will be a great hit for E4
    I do prefer the Skins meets Midsummers murders comparision myself.

Trailer for those who somehow managed to miss E4's continous promos of the show:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Just seen this now I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

As Kiwi Knock posted, loads of potential in this, second episode looks a cracker from the trailer.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

It's a great show. But so sad as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Great second episode, really getting into swing of things now, officially hooked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Second episode was fantastic, really setting out nicely for the remainder!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Started watching this. Very good so far, just wondering how many episodes in the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Greenacres

Anyone else a bit confused about whether they are trying to portray the travelling community or the Roma community?? I know they reference Roma/Romany gypsies, though with references to travellers also. But the halting site had a few red heads there and the cast are the most un-Roma looking bunch, definitely looks like casting were going with a Irish travellers! None of the characters have Romany names, seems like a total mash of the 2 communities! Which are from opposite sides of Europe!

Or am I missing something here, very possible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Have absolutely no idea if its the travelling or roma community, this weeks episode made it even more confusing.

But wow, this weeks was great, its just getting better each episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Have to say that this show has been top notch, one of the best on at the moment. Whats everyone's theories? Think its as straight forward as summed up last night or a twist to come? Have a feeling Jackie is involved somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

I've been thinking for a few episodes now that Ian killed Cal, so now I think that's too obvious to be what happened, yet makes total sense.

I feel Annie is definitely involved, or knows something. There's been so little about her, that it doesn't make sense for her to be there unless she was involved, if you know what I mean? Everyone else in the gang has had the focus on them at some point but Annie just floats in and out. She also didn't go home the night of the murder, but says she doesn't remember anything. I don't necessarily think she killed him, but I think she's involved somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I have really enjoyed this.
    I agree about Annie- it's like everyone has their role defined, but what exactly do we know about her?
    I always had my suspicions about Ian.I guess we all knew he was up to no good after he attacked Ely, I just wasn't sure how he was involved with Cal.
    Haven't a clue what next week's final episode will bring.
    Some unfinished business about the contract re: horse etc....Likewise with Dominick, is there more to him than we already know?

Between this and the brilliant Love/Hate, am gonna be stuck for something to watch when both end.

The latest trailer has no new footage, except James saying "Let me go", which I don't remember from previous episodes.

The not knowing is driving me crazy!! I wonder if we'll see any resolution I.e. Someone being charged with the murder, or will we just find out who it was?

So many questions!!

Actually this episode is really really good! The loose ends are making sense now!

Fuuck
    I did not expect that! :(:(

Poor Tina

• Advertisement

I might be talking to myself but I'm slightly traumatised now!

Didn't expect that either! Satisfying ending though.

****ing fantastic series finale. I'd love to watch it again and again.
    Heartbroken for Tina!

Tbh I was a bit disappointed with the last episode, it just didn't fit with the rest of the series, seemed a bit of a cop out to me.

Overall good series though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

K-9 wrote: »
    Tbh I was a bit disappointed with the last episode, it just didn't fit with the rest of the series, seemed a bit of a cop out to me.

Overall good series though.

Have to agree.Was rather underwhelmed, considering it was the finale.

Never really bought the Tina & Ely epic love story.She forgot about Rob a little too quickly.

A drugged James seeing images of Cal, in a previous episode, made sense, whereas Ely seeing him last night - a bit of a stretch.

Enjoyed the
    gruesome leg breaking part, ouch!
    - maybe I should keep that quiet.

Have to agree.Was rather underwhelmed, considering it was the finale.

Never really bought the Tina & Ely epic love story.She forgot about Rob a little too quickly.

A drugged James seeing images of Cal, in a previous episode, made sense, whereas Ely seeing him last night - a bit of a stretch.

Enjoyed the
    gruesome leg breaking part, ouch!
    - maybe I should keep that quiet.

I found the love story fine, the killer just seemed off to me, but I suppose they left it pretty open so it might have been the same whoever it was.

That was pretty gruesome all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Great finale it has to be said for a very enjoyable season. I take it there wont be a second one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

Raf32 wrote: »
    Great finale it has to be said for a very enjoyable season. I take it there wont be a second one?

I doubt it. The ratings were a bit on a low side. At the same time though I never really got the impression that they were even trying to lead up to a second series, it was always gonna be a one off.

I honestly loved it from start to finish and think it's a real shame that it didn't reach a wider audience. I thought the finale was perfect and has made me appreciate the series as a whole even more. Most importantly the killer was a surprise, which is surely one of the most important things when it comes to a whodunnit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

I enjoyed the series, ending wasn't what I wanted/expected, but it's not my story!

I felt Tintin got a rough and unfair end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

I was pleasantly surprised by this show. I was really shocked by the killer reveal, I didn't see it coming. Some of the violent scenes in the last episode were a bit shocking. I much preferred Tina and Ely than Tina and Rob. I found the character of Annie annoying starting of but good fun come the end.

Advertisement