Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The strain tv series

Options
  • 15-09-2014 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭

We have watched this at home..it's more vampires than zombies but it's not bad and definitely gets better as it goes on. For some reason the pilot is weakish but does improve. The acting also gets better even though they are fairly good actors to begin with.

Might be worth a watch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

We have watched this at home..it's more vampires than zombies but it's not bad and definitely gets better as it goes on. For some reason the pilot is weakfish but does improve. The acting also gets better even though they are fairly good actors to begin with.

Might be worth a watch

Im up to date on it. It does get better but the main CDC guy is not likable however the old man and the exterminator are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's pretty good, it creates a little world for itself and follows its rules pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Sounds good ..... another one for Sky+ (winter fodder = let a few episodes build up on the machine and watch em all on one night!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

yea, Its decent except for the main character, who isnt likeable at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

It is an awesome show, its a really interesting take on the vampire myth and the part with the old Jew and camp commander is really good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, I think it's solid entertainment, I enjoy it for what it is. I thought it was funny that the main guy is actually bald in real life, he wears a wig for the show!

Yeah, I think it's solid entertainment, I enjoy it for what it is. I thought it was funny that the main guy is actually bald in real life, he wears a wig for the show!
    They do that to almost every bald guy. Anything other than physical perfection isn't tolerated in Hollywood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I think it's an excellent show.

Getting a lot of hate recently on Reddit, but screw them I think it's brilliant.

I really liked the Kelly transformation and think it was well timed after they showed the Eichhorst infection the previous week, most people are turned after their blood has been drank making me think that Kelly might be one of the chosen few who retain some of their memories.

Thought the hunters were cool and can't wait to see them return.

It's true Eph is not great, but actually I think the actor is playing him well, is he not mean to be a bit of a prick which is the way he is being portrayed.

The kid and Nora's mom needs to go though, kid is the worst actor I have ever seen. Plus the whole "Find_Kelly_Goodmans_phone" was a bit of a joke.

In total only 5 days have passed since the plane landed, so the infection is spreading fast. Setrakian is the biggest bad ass ever, great character.

kjl wrote: »
    most people are turned after their blood has been drank making me think that Kelly might be one of the chosen few who retain some of their memories.
    I thought the early phase of it they just go a bit mad but will eventually calm down and be more like the people they were, as with that German guy. He remembers who he was before or is it just he's a different level than the average person turned, in that they have a command structure of grunts, lieutenants and so on.

The kid and Nora's mom needs to go though, kid is the worst actor I have ever seen. Plus the whole "Find_Kelly_Goodmans_phone" was a bit of a joke.
    The kid doesn't seem phased by the things he see's at all.
    He see's daddy chop a guys head off and is fine about it.

I don't really have any problem with the characters as such. They're pretty one dimensional in their roles but that's typical for American TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

ScumLord wrote: »
    I thought the early phase of it they just go a bit mad but will eventually calm down and be more like the people they were, as with that German guy. He remembers who he was before or is it just he's a different level than the average person turned, in that they have a command structure of grunts, lieutenants and so on.

No Setrakian said the master has the ability to control how much of their former selves remain, but I am just wondering if having all your blood helps in some way, even if it's cosmetic like Eichhorst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

Eichorst is all plastic is he not?

Advertisement