Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 Ways to Kill Your Mammy

Options
  • 02-09-2014 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭

Can't seem to see a thread on this.

Anyone watching it?

Have to say I'm finding it pretty good. Some classic lines coming out of the mammy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The first episode was hilarious. I laughed the whole way through. The second episode was funny but not as good as the first. His mother is a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

She is very like me own mammy - would do mad stuff to keep her boy happy but put the foot down over tattoo's ! Good TV and he is a likeable enough dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The mammy is great

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Saw the first episode last night on demand and I can't say I laughed once.
    It all seems a bit forced and a lot of "my mammy would never do that" followed by "I'm shocked that my mammy did that".
    It's basically him making his mother do "crazy" tasks that he did when he was in that show years ago with two other lads while hoping for a Mrs Brown reaction but only getting a Mrs Doyle reaction.
    I'm actually surprised he didn't get rtes backing seeing that he's was one of the children of the corn out in montrose.
    I'd be very surprised if it got picked up for a second series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I am really enjoying it, it's nothing ground breaking but very easy to watch. My kids love it, I record it and they watch it on a sat evening. Yes Baz is playing up to the camera a bit, but what harm. Nancy is brilliant though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Loved it last night.
    "I don't give a ****e who Steve is..."

Very entertaining show. You should try a drinking game. Take a drink every time she says "God" or "Jesus". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭lukin

I just watched the part where she ran over the guy in the desert.
    Fair funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

lukin wrote: »
    I just watched the part where she ran over the guy in the desert.
    Fair funny.
    Fair staged

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭lukin

Fair staged

Still funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

I really enjoy it, in that it proves that any ordinary Irish mother has a million times more charisma, likeability and genuineness on the telly than 'Baz', a man who makes his living as a professional television presenter and media personality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭paulbok

An (Irish) idiot (and his mammy) abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i love love love love this :D

I like this show.
    It's good craic.

The mammy is like every other Irish mammy I know, except that every other mammy I know wouldn't have a notion of doing anything like she did!!!!!

Love the way she gives out to baz and he complains about it, exactly how me and my mam would be.
    Hope this goes further than Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The second episode was rubbish but every other one has been very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,123 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Haven't seen any of it, but I did see a clip of her on the LLS knocking a German guy off a motorbike in the desert, and I have to say I laughed out loud, it was funny as fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

If u thought that was funny, you should really watch the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Just watching an episode of this where they are in south africa... I feel awful for the poor mammy, baz seems to be really kind of bullying her into stuff! The poor woman! And he comes across as getting a bit frustrated and impatient with her.

Its not really what i expected cause i thought he would be a bit more supportive of her, how can he do that to his mother, what if she had a heart attack and all for a few euro for a tv programme :-(

Looks like Baz and his mammy have got a second series which starts next week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Looks like Baz and his mammy have got a second series which starts next week
    Ffs why doesn't he just shoot her and get done with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,349 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He back with other mammies

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He back with other mammies

I enjoyed the other two mammies also

Baz and Nancy are on RTE for Christmas with Holy Show, Nancy wants to meet the Pope

Advertisement