Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup Previews

Options
  • 20-05-2014 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭

I thought it would be worth having a separate thread for people to post up World Cup previews that they've read and can recommend.

The Racing Post one should be worth a read, there is usually a broad range of views in their previews.

A Wetherby's Group A preview is available at http://www.bettrends.co.uk

In 2010, some of the major investment banks released previews on their websites, anyone seen anything similar this time round?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Some decent (non-gambling related) stuff here

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/pdf/wc2014_preview.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Anyone know of a list of the penalty and free takers for each team? Would be handy for goalscorer bets

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Claretarmy (the Chelmsford fan site) are doing a sweepstake online, spotted it yesterday and it's only €2 or something. Might be good for a bit of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Anyone buy the Racingpost preview book ?

Also anyone know when the RP WC pullout is due??

• Advertisement

The pullout is around the 5th June or so. I've a copy of the book put aside for me, will post up details when I get to have a look at it.

I thought about getting the book but tbh any info in it is likely to be found on the web. I will defo buy the RP with the pullout as the final squads will be known then

Yeah I got one free, wouldn't be inclined to pay for one

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

Howya lads.

Questions popped into my head today.

With this being the 'golden generation' of Belgian football and them being everyones dark horse. What do ye think would be a successful World Cup campaign? Semis?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Anyone know any site with a predictor app on it? Castrol Oil had one for last Euros and World Cup but don't seem to have one this time around. Something that collates a bunch of stats and spits out prediction and scoreline for each match.

Have a competition in work to predict correct score in al first round games and eventual knock out winners. Been sitting in my inbox for couple of weeks and had a go today but decided I'm either too ****ing lazy or don't have time to try to predict a score for every game

• Advertisement

IanOBo wrote: »
    Howya lads.

Questions popped into my head today.

With this being the 'golden generation' of Belgian football and them being everyones dark horse. What do ye think would be a successful World Cup campaign? Semis?

Wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

RP WC pullout is 5th June

Bit late but the FT Weekend magazine for the weekend just gone is well worth picking up. Read some decent features so far including interviews with Del Bosque and Pirlo, and a feature on penalty shootouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Collie D wrote: »
    Anyone know any site with a predictor app on it? Castrol Oil had one for last Euros and World Cup but don't seem to have one this time around. Something that collates a bunch of stats and spits out prediction and scoreline for each match.

Have a competition in work to predict correct score in al first round games and eventual knock out winners. Been sitting in my inbox for couple of weeks and had a go today but decided I'm either too ****ing lazy or don't have time to try to predict a score for every game

Guardian website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

The ZonalMarking previews, which I consider to be the most important previews, have started.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/

Just read Zonal Marking on Uruguay, seems a bit down on them. I am between them and Portugal for my second outright bet behind Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

World Soccer Collector's Edition is v good. Got it today. €6.50. The only thing is that it went to press before the finalized 23 man squads were announced.

Advertisement