Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Removing TRV - Danfoss BS6284

• 11-10-2012 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

I'm having a problem with a single radiator in the house not heating. It had been heating up until about a fortnight ago. I've checked the usuals (bled the radiator, turned off other rads to try to force any potential airblockage out, checked the outflow valve). The pipe up to the TRV is warm but the rad doesn't heat up, so I presume that the issue is that the pin is stuck.

My problem is trying to remove the TRV. It's an old thermo and there's no instructions etc I could find online. Some of the newer models seem to have an inner tread that you counter-twist, but this doesn't. It has a screw which secures a collar, but when I open that I still can't remove the TRV.

I didn't want to pull it too hard in case I was doing it wrong, so has anyone any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

They are a small flat head like a phase-tester and a small allen key can be either. Loosen and wiggle side to side and up and down gently and pull towards you. Take your time and you won't break a clip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

There's no fitting or screw on the top of the thermo - I presume I just undo the screw at the collar and gently wiggle it out from that so?

That's it... the screw holds a black clamp which holds the thermostat on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Done. Heat restored and didn't break thermo. Cheers!

No problem

• Advertisement
Advertisement