Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modern Family [** SPOILERS **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

sky+ the 2 episodes and just watched them .It has to be one of the best shows on tv at the moment.Phil is a legend.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just to bring the thread down to my level. Claire or Gloria?? Who is more attractive?

I didn't think it was physically possible no to to answer Gloria to that question.

A more pertinent one would be Gloria as a (natural) blonde or Gloria as a (fake) brunette?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

Well thankfully, SkyOne repeated BOTH episodes on Sunday...
    I absolutely love that show :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fantastic season finale.. loved the bit with Mitchell and Cam losing Lily in the Banana Plantation:

Mitchell: Why did you dress her in jungle print?
    Cam: Because I thought it would be cute!
    Mitchell: She's going to think she's back in Vietnam!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

basquille wrote: »
    Fantastic season finale.. loved the bit with Mitchell and Cam losing Lily in the Banana Plantation:

Mitchell: Why did you dress her in jungle print?
    Cam: Because I thought it would be cute!
    Mitchell: She's going to think she's back in Vietnam!

:D

Fairly sure there's another 2 episodes this season... Would've served as a great season finale though - think it originally was, then ABC ordered more episodes... Apologies if I'm wrong, but pretty sure there's another few episodes...

• Advertisement

Fairly sure there's another 2 episodes this season... Would've served as a great season finale though - think it originally was, then ABC ordered more episodes... Apologies if I'm wrong, but pretty sure there's another few episodes...
    Hmmm.. one of the podcasts I listened it said it was the season finale.

.. hold on, let me check!

** a quick Google later **

Yeah.. there's a couple of sites reporting they were shooting the season finale in Hawaii but there's a definitely an new episode next week!

According to Modern Family's Twitter:
    Tonight was NOT the season finale of Modern Family! Next week is! via @ericstonestreet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

guest appearance from Kobe Bryant in it next week

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

was there one or two new ep on Sky last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Another great ep this week, glad to hear it aint the finale....can't get enough tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

cpb wrote: »
    was there one or two new ep on Sky last night?

Only one,the second was a repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Another solid episode from this show!

Well they flew to Hawaii last night so I guess the season finale is next week :o

LadyW wrote: »
    Well they flew to Hawaii last night so I guess the season finale is next week :o
    There's 2 episodes left.

Really? That's great news, thanks basquille :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

2 GREAT episodes left i might add

Ah Monsieur Boom_Bap, with this information you are spoiling us... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Had watched the first 2 episodes when they were aired and didn't think it was great at the time.Watched all 24 episodes in the last few days and it's great.Loved the last episode and Claire freaking out, reminded me of my Mom.

I think that's why I love it so much, so much stuff that reminds me of my family.There was an episode a few episodes ago, think it was when Phil's dad came, and Luke ran through the window, as funny as that is normally, it's much funnier when you've seen your brother do it.

Also, the post that asked Claire or Gloria, I will be the guy who says Hayley.The actress is legal too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Celia Weston is coming on the show as
    Cam's mum

Cracking casting.. as she's basically Cam in drag!

CeliaWeston.jpg

That photo definitely despoilers the spoilers!

• Advertisement

Season 2 kicks off tonight

Brilliant start to Season 2.Phil was great in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Quite funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Great ep, Phil had me laughing my ass off as usual. The Gloria / Manny scenes were pretty funny too. Can't say enough good things bout this show, so glad it's back :D

"Remember Buckety?"

Brillant... I love this show! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Brilliant stuff,picked up where it left off last season.:)

Nathan Laneis coming by Oct. 6 for the big earthquake episode! He busts Mitchell and Cameron for using the temblor as an excuse to ditch his party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Episode 2 was much better than the opener.
    Highlights were Manny and Luke and the ghost of his Colombian grandmother when the printer started, Cam theatrically falling off the couch and Alex Dunphy's wooing of her text mate.
    Much laughing in this household.

I didn't the second was as good to be honest. But had lots of great scenes..
    Phil gagging at the paint was particularly funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Maybe he blew his lid when she tried to contain him :)

Mary Lynn Rajskub has been cast as the old high school girlfriend of then closeted Mitchell

This week's episode was superb.. so many hilarious moments.
    • Luke playing his DS while immersed in his cereal, with Phil approving.
    • The parrot that keeps squawking.. "JAAAY!"
    • "She left the head out there to send a message to the other rats."
    Great stuff!

It's the best comedy on tv imo.The soap phone and then telling her she isn't getting a car as they didn't think she could do it was great.

Also,Cameron on the Cherokee thing had me pissing myself.One of the funniest things I've seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Just finished watching episode 4 from series 2. My god this is so well written.
    I loved the whole
    bicycle shorts pixalated thing and Cams crying

I still cant get over Claire having fakies though........:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

titan18 wrote: »
    It's the best comedy on tv imo.The soap phone and then telling her she isn't getting a car as they didn't think she could do it was great.

Also,Cameron on the Cherokee thing had me pissing myself.One of the funniest things I've seen
    This is good, not as good as Community... but definitely one of the best shows!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Excellent epsisode. Everything from Phil was legendary. Manny reading Hemmingway and drinking his fifth Espresso was genius.
    And eating cereal while playing the DS was a touch of brilliance.

Also the interracial wheelchair lesbians......check mate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

This show just gets better and better. I genuinely look forward to seeing each episode and there are very few shows that I feel that way about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

That one was of THEEE best episodes of a comedy I have seen in a very long time........ Freaking A1!!

Gloria & the shovel-DS-Wheelchair lesbians,

Hilarious--I've always watched Modern family, but never saw it this good,

Need more of these, big time!

Best episode of the season so far, really elevated it. The Cherokee thing just kept getting funnier and funnier and the bar of soap was probably the first time I've ever laughed at one of the kids.
    brianjd wrote:
    I still cant get over Claire having fakies though......
    What's this in reference to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

The scene with Jay at the quincenera when the 'father and daughter' got up for their first dance was priceless. They've definitely upped the gag content for Ed O'Neill in the first few episodes after his awards snubs from season 1.

• Advertisement

James Marsden and Jami Getz
    will be guest starring in an episode soon

I thought that was the best episode yet.From about 10 seconds in,I couldn't stop laughing.Luke had me in stitches and Mitchell in the Spiderman suit aswell.Hayley looked hot in her costumes too.

Modern Family is shaping up to be one of the best comedies in a long, long time. I can't remember a TV show that has consistently made me laugh throughout each episode, and this one was no exception. The squeaky suit, the clambering down the pipe and eventually setting off the car alarms, Gloria changing her accent (rather convincingly - what nationality is she originally?) and Phil being spooked by the skeleton all the time. Oh and not forgetting Cameron's confession about peeing his pants.

Due to the suggestion of boneyarsebogman, have changed thread title to include "spoilers" so the episodes can be discussed without spoiler tags from now on.

Great episode... definitely shaping up to be as funny, if not funnier, than the first season!

basquille wrote: »
    Due to the suggestion of boneyarsebogman, have changed thread title to include "spoilers" so the episodes can be discussed without spoiler tags from now on.

Great episode... definitely shaping up to be as funny, if not funnier, than the first season!

Cheers for that. It was more due to the fact that my post had a lot of spoilers for people who hadn't seen it yet.

If only the Inbetweeners went the way that Modern Family is going now and actually getting better with each season rather than declining rapidly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Loved this episode, very strong throughout though the season so far can't really be faulted anyway. It seems they are giving more focus to Claire/Jay and the Dunphy kids this year and rounding them out more, rather than it been the Phil/Cam/Gloria/Manny show which seemed more common in season 1.

That whole Gloria's accent bit was ripped from an AH thread (or at least a page linked from an AH thread on the same subject) :D

What an " AH" thread???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

AH = After Hours.

It's the place to go on boards to renew your faith in people/life/Ireland/yourself as they're all such positive people.

I detect only the slightest hint of sarcasm there....

Im sure the writers of a major US network comedy always take inspiration
    for their material from a little known, mainly Irish, online late night discussion forum,
    all the time.........

• Advertisement
Advertisement