Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead Season 5 (WILL contain spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Yeah wtf? I thought i seen him there alright.

Grizzly end for Bob's leg and probably Bob too :( As much as he's a nuisance, i like him enough to not want to see him being used as a mobile BBQ

That priest Gabriel is already annoying, and just like Rick, i dont trust him either. Abraham's toast was awesome lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Barna77 wrote: »
    I only assumed he got bitten and was leaving before he turned.... So could the butchers get infected if he was?

If he was bitten, I hope it was on the leg they were eating. :mad:

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    If he was bitten, I hope it was on the leg they were eating. :mad:

would explain why he was sobbing outside, that or he's just completely stressed out from the ordeal he's just been through. I don't think anyone has gotten away without a few cracks in their personality.. except maybe Glen? And he wasn't exactly at his best after the prison either

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jesus what an ending :D I'm Guessing these are the cannibal hunters from the comic books that someone mentioned a few pages back?

Weellllll I thought that was a really disappointing episode after last weeks epic season return.

And made worse by (z nation spoiler)
    z nation doing a similar cannabalism storyline. Eaten while still alive to protect from infection even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Nuts102

The car flying by with the cross in the back window is surely some sort of meaning towards the priest. Their is no way he is not hiding something.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

I thought bob was bit but I'm doubting it more and more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

Anyone care to enlighten me as to what the marks on the tress reference. Haven't read the comics (yet)
    People are really missing the reason bob was outside crying. They referenced in the episode how he's always in good humor and has the ability to put a positive spin and outlook on each situation they placed in. The scene outside was to show that everyone is ****ed up and cracks that was just his way of dealing with it.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Their is no way he is not hiding something.

I had an interesting thought.

What if Terminus knew about Gabriel and his little church and promised not to kill and eat him if he kept people there, under the illusion of safety, until a Terminus party showed up to drag them away?

We've already seen that he's cowardly so it's certainly possible that he'd sell people out to save his own skin. It would explain YOU'LL BURN FOR THIS, the talk of sinning, the constant nervousness, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just about Bob...

Is it possible he was with either the original group at Terminus or Garret's group that took over? We've heard him a good few times talk about the group he was with before and how it "went wrong" and he got out of there, maybe the cannibalism is what made him leave?

Just something I thought when I read a comment saying how it was weird that Garret called Bob by his name, but they never used the others' names and used nicknames! (crazy ass cowboy and chick with the sword)

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Just something I thought when I read a comment saying how it was weird that Garret called Bob by his name, but they never used the others' names and used nicknames!

While that's a good point, I don't think it's right. If he knew what Terminus was really about, he'd have said something.

Yeah I did think that, shame perhaps? Maybe he did take part in it but then left!

I don't think it'll prove to be true... would like to know what his backstory is all the same!

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah I did think that, shame perhaps? Maybe he did take part in it but then left!

I don't think it'll prove to be true... would like to know what his backstory is all the same!

Even if he was ashamed, I doubt he'd let everyone just waltz into Terminus to be eaten so he could save face. Especially because he went in with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Poor ole Bob...kinda appropriate name now that I think of it...okay maybe too soon...

Can't remember Bob from the comics, but I guess he was bitten or scratched. I wonder since everyone is actually infected does it matter ? I would imagine it is bad news. Still it is an interesting way of keeping a fridge in the post apocalyptic world, just cut off a chuck as you need it thereby stopping him turning. He had red shirt all over him from the beginning, I mean he was always toast, or well Bbq anyways. Both the missus and me both remarked, as soon as Rick and the group said all is well, sat down to eat and laugh, you just knew they were going to get a smack, seriously Rick STFU ...lol.

Also Eugene and the cure is interesting. It sounds like bs, and how exactly he plans to solve it when the world has no power or means of distribution of any cure. Also if everyone is infected, how does his cure of wiping out the infected work? That part is weak in the series IMHO, a random guy says he has a cure and they all go cool, let's walk across a zombified America then....also Rick perhaps you could you know mention the fact that the cdc guy said otherwise..that has a lot of holes in it.

I do remember the priest from the comics and I suspect they are keeping that storyline.

Did anyone catch the religious references bible reading in the church? I deleted it from Sky before thinking of checking. They were very obviously placed so I think they had a meaning. I will hunt and see if they meant something unless we have a bible scholar here willing to chip in?

I do love the fact that the zombies are getting really grotty now...it's done very well.

I now always hope each episode that brad fecking Pitt is watching it saying to himself, crap I could have done something of this quality with wwz!! Doubt it probably justs counts his cash instead.....lol

Actually wasn't it dale who lost his leg to the zombies in the comics? Gotta read that again!

Seems like all articles on thewalkingdead.com are best avoided

Number of users seem to be relentlessly putting up detailed spoilers (not comic related, poss some inside knowledge?) for this series in comments section of nearly every story.

May not be true but they sound legit.

Yeah, best to avoid that place til the entire season is over :D and tbh even after it, it's bad enough that the official site updates every week with spoilers in trailers and fb updates with obvious spoilers too

Whatever about their own updates being spoilery, you'd think they'd have mods to get rid of the major stuff being spoilt in the comments!

Discovered (minor cast spoiler)
    the hot maid from American Horror Story has been added to the cast though
    , softens the blow a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

Putting in spoilers seen as its early
    That episode was good, glad the terminus story was wrapped up.
    I wonder will they go looking for Beth again or try and catch up with abraham, and I'm interested to see what Gabrieal will do when they leave

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

That was awesome.
    bit slow, the long goodbye with Bob could have went faster :p. Jaysus though, Rick and co were brutal "We wanted to save the bullets" fcuking brilliant. I would have taken them outside though, messed the place up rightly.

Does anyone else not watch the "Next week on the walking dead, bit at the end? I never watch it.

yeah i try to avoid it, but i had to watch it this week because
    Carol wasnt in it.. and Daryll arrived with someone but they never showed who it was.. Carol better not be bitten or dead, Daryll looked even more ashen than usual too

• Advertisement

I absolutely love that Rick promised Garrett he'd kill him with a red handled machete in E1 and then actually followed through on it. And ****, that "We didn't want to waste the bullets." line sent a chill down my spine.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Japandamo

Hmm, not really feeling episode 3...

I mean
    For one, why drop Bob back to the camp to warn everyone. As 'hunters' surely it would have been handier to 'off' him and keep the rest guessing and turning on each other and Gabriel rather than preparing them for an attack.

Also these guys are so good that they can track the group, and cover up their tracks so well that Daryl, a very talented tracker couldn't find anything to show that they were there - yet they had to mark trees to find their way home. Even though every railway line leads back to Terminus anyway...

And it was pretty careless sending everyone into the church without setting a watch outside.

I liked that, delighted Rick kept his promise :)

But, I'm confused now. The trailer for this season had a conversation between Gareth and someone where he said “You don’t have a choice, all of you, you join us and we go to Washington and cure this thing."

Where the hell did that go?

was it just clever editing?

Gareth is in no shape to go anywhere now, was glad they got what was coming to them, though it was decidedly brutal.

Damo, i think the church having no guards was part of the trap - also why they'd locked themselves inside

Gareth is in no shape to go anywhere now, was glad they got what was coming to them, though it was decidedly brutal.

Damo, i think the church having no guards was part of the trap - also why they'd locked themselves inside

Sorry, what I meant was that it was careless for Gareth and co to wander into the church all together.

I'm also happy Rick and co got them got them, but for such a seemimgly clever opponent they fell pretty easily.

Sorry, what I meant was that it was careless for Gareth and co to wander into the church all together.

I'm also happy Rick and co got them got them, but for such a seemimgly clever opponent they fell pretty easily.

I have to hand it to the guy playing Gabriel, great acting. I actually felt really bad for Gabriel when he saw the aftermath. That look on his face and his "But... this is the lord's house." He seemed genuinely saddened that somebody would do what Rick just did inside a church, like his innocence had died or something. And the guilt over locking his congregation out felt genuine too.

Japandamo wrote: »

They were pretty reckless eating Bob's leg before checking him for bites too though, but yeah, pretty dumb move to underestimate Rick's group after they'd already underestimated them when Gar's group outnumbered them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

They were pretty reckless eating Bob's leg before checking him for bites too though, but yeah, pretty dumb move to underestimate Rick's group after they'd already underestimated them when Gar's group outnumbered them

That was brilliant yer man bob just starts laughing :D Really enjoyed ep 3 and glad those hunters got what was coming to them :mad:

• Advertisement

I was pretty happy for Bob at that point, he really turned the tables on them :)

Just thinking back over the episodes he's been in and he was a pretty decent character too, played the part well i thought. Even the one where he almost got everyone killed because of his bottle o' grog lol

Abraham's note to Rick near the end was class too

Advertisement