Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

m3 parkway

Options
  • 13-02-2013 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what's going on in the M3 parkway station carpark with all the buses. They've a whole load of the car park blocked off and have a guy directing traffic. It's annoying me because you now have to drive the whole way around the car park to park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I don't know, but every morning i see the buses heading to/from Maynooth. Never any passengers on them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I asked the station master the other morning but he said he was as clueless as me. Wouldve thought he would make it his business to find out what was happening in his station but apparently not.

I did see one of the buses leaving this morning ferrying passengers all wearing hi vis, so my best guess would be builders being ferried to a site?

Its strange how this is in conjunction with concrete blocks all over the car park all of a sudden, partitioning it off.

Also, :rolleyes: on them putting portaloos on the only 2 electric charging spaces, in a giant empty carpark.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

skywalker wrote: »
    Also, :rolleyes: on them putting portaloos on the only 2 electric charging spaces, in a giant empty carpark.

You have to be joking, they didn't seriously do that, did they? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

yeah they did. after spending I dunno how much installing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

chocksaway wrote: »
    yeah they did. after spending I dunno how much installing it!

Tip them over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Something going on in Carton house maybe? Or the if they're wearing High vizs maybe they're using it as parking for staff at the Intel site ??

yeah I was thinking about the intel site... traffic warden was fairly surly the other morning anyway. The concrete blocks are the biggest thing confusing me. Makes me think they're gonna be there for a good-while.

Are the buses red articulated ones by any chance? If so they're the going to Intel.

They seem to be old double decker Dublin bus ones with a few coaches thrown in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

chocksaway wrote: »
    They seem to be old double decker Dublin bus ones with a few coaches thrown in

Old Dublin bus double deckers, with the bottom part painted red. Theres a fleet of about a dozen of them.

I definitely dont get why there are giant concrete blocks partitioning off the car park too. Its very odd altogether.

• Advertisement

The car park is pay and display right? Maybe that's the reason the bus users don't pay and its to keep them separate?

n0brain3r wrote: »
    The car park is pay and display right? Maybe that's the reason the bus users don't pay and its to keep them separate?

No its all free parking

So according to the guy in the station, the council have rented out 600 spots to Intel

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Claude Harmon

Hi All,

Looking at moving out to Trim. Just wondering how busy is the M3 parkway in the mornings, for driving into and getting a seat on the train?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Hi All,

Looking at moving out to Trim. Just wondering how busy is the M3 parkway in the mornings, for driving into and getting a seat on the train?
    Thanks
    Empty and empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Hi All,

Thanks

Depending on where you need to get to in Dublin, you might better off getting the 111 bus! The train from M3 goes to the Docklands station in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

I live in Trim and am currently driving to M3 Parkway and getting the train to Docklands and then the Luas up to Abbey Street. There is ample parking and you will always get a seat on the train.
    I got the bus during the summer but when the schools went back in September the traffic got a lot heavier. Also the buses are busier and the early one can be full by Scurloughstown.
    The train takes a little longer but I much prefer it to the bus!

Advertisement