Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv remote kinda broke?

Options
  • 29-09-2014 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

I have an lg tv and when i try turn the volume up or down it says "this function is not available now"

In fact no matter what button i press that notice cums up.

Is the remote ****ed or is there an easy fix? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I don't know but I just received a replacement remote control from www.telly-parts.co.uk (hope it's OK to link that) for my Bush LCD/DVD telly and although it's not an original control, it works fine.
    Much cheaper than Amazon/shops anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Have you tried new batteries?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

kneemos wrote: »
    Have you tried new batteries?

Yep i tried them. Stil that notice comes up when i press any button

fussyonion wrote: »
    I don't know but I just received a replacement remote control from www.telly-parts.co.uk (hope it's OK to link that) for my Bush LCD/DVD telly and although it's not an original control, it works fine.
    Much cheaper than Amazon/shops anyway.

How much it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

rottie 11 wrote: »
    How much it cost?

It was £11, so in Euro around €17 in total I think.
    You just type in your model number and they'll find it and delivery takes 10 working days.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

Do you use a cable or satellite box such as a sky box that requires you to use a sky remote instead?

Also, are you on the right input on your TV (hdmi, ext1) etc ?

Do you use a cable or satellite box such as a sky box that requires you to use a sky remote instead?

Also, are you on the right input on your TV (hdmi, ext1) etc ?

I was using a skybox but im only using xbox atm . Im using both the hdmi slots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

You could try using the LG TV REMOTE app on your phone.

RichT wrote: »
    You could try using the LG TV REMOTE app on your phone.

Was looking at that earlier ha

It only works with smart tvs tho, mines not a smart

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I have an lg tv and when i try turn the volume up or down it says "this function is not available now" In fact no matter what button i press that notice cums up. Is the remote ****ed or is there an easy fix? Thanks

Before you do anything, make sure that the buttons on the TV actually work. I've seen faults where a bad component on the button panel or even the IR receiver can cause these sorts of problems... If you can be sure that the buttons on the button panel are working (and have the problem isolated to the remote), then I would just buy a universal remote.. I have a Philips one and it does the job for most of the TVs I have in for repair.. You will have to look up the codes for your particular model and program them in to the remote, but that should just be a once off thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Before buying anything..try googling..various possible solutions easily available on first page..

e.g.

http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/7dgho-47-lg-lcd-tv-flashes-this-function-not-available.html

these may or may not work but at least they are free.

All the buttons on the tv work fine , i tried some of those things on youtube but didnt work. Il just buy a new remote. Thanks for replies

It may have gotten wet.Open it up for a look.

kneemos wrote: »
    It may have gotten wet.Open it up for a look.

How do i open it? There is no screws etc

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Try plugging out your TV for a few minutes. I have an lg TV and the remote went weird one night and wouldn't respond. When I plugged it back in it was fine and hasn't happened since. Worth a shot.

How do i open it? There is no screws etc

Normally clips on the inside.Prise it apart carefully with something.

Advertisement