Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Danfoss motorised valve failure

• 15-10-2012 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

One of my Danfoss 2 way valves is giving trouble. It's closing but not switching off the boiler.
    Only 4 years old. Thought Danfoss was a good make.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭freddyuk

It will be the micro switch. Cost about €2 and easily replaced if you can do a simple solder. Get a bag of them as these switches are the main cause of failure on a €70 valve. If you are not sure just take some photos as you dismantle the valve. It really is simple to do. Inside there is a motor, micro switch and toothed quadrant which needs to go back the same way it came out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

freddyuk wrote: »
    It will be the micro switch. Cost about €2 and easily replaced if you can do a simple solder. Get a bag of them as these switches are the main cause of failure on a €70 valve. If you are not sure just take some photos as you dismantle the valve. It really is simple to do. Inside there is a motor, micro switch and toothed quadrant which needs to go back the same way it came out.

Where will I buy those switches. Use soldering everyday.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭freddyuk

Google. If you remove your old switch you can buy a direct replacement.There are various different designs so get one the same as you have. You can alter the valve by hand until it is repaired - I assume you have a separate actuator.

freddyuk wrote: »
    Google. If you remove your old switch you can buy a direct replacement.There are various different designs so get one the same as you have. You can alter the valve by hand until it is repaired - I assume you have a separate actuator.

I have removed the actuator from the valve and opened the valve.
    I haven't looked inside the actuator yet, going to have a look tonight.
    Thanks for your help.

I have removed the actuator from the valve and opened the valve.
    I haven't looked inside the actuator yet, going to have a look tonight.
    Thanks for your help.

Opened the actuator and took out the micro switch. Checked it with a multimeter and seems fine. Could it just have been stuck?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

did you check the actual voltage when the switch is closed? Checking continuity may not show you the issue at all (have had 180v before on them, bad neutral?)

DGOBS wrote: »
    did you check the actual voltage when the switch is closed? Checking continuity may not show you the issue at all (have had 180v before on them, bad neutral?)

No I'm fairly limited in what I can do with a multi meter.
    To check voltage I turn it to 200 on v scale and take a reading?

Advertisement