Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gas boiler turning itself on

• 09-10-2012 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭

Hey I would appriciate any help
    The apartment I'm renting has developed a problem with the boiler, it just keeps switching itself on
    The boiler is an ideal classic, no sticker to say when it was serviced last.
    It's in our kitchen and the apartment is quite warm, we haven't turned on the central heating yeah so it should no be switching itself on to prevent the pipes freezing.

Our landlord has ignored our requests to have the alarm fixed
    So I'm gonna have to fight for this all info would help
    Cheers

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Ideal classic doesn't have frost protection built in, so would assume an outside control such as Timeclock or motorized valve causing it.

Don't fight, just with hold rent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Thank you for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

And ask him to show you the current gas safety certificate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I have worked on several Ideal boilers in the Booterstown area and they are fitted with an additional frost stat. A lot of them are giving trouble as you descrbe, we change the frost stats and thats the problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Thanks for your help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement