Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Natural gas

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

guitar is shipped, and they even sourced a aged white pickguard for me aswell.

they shipped by EMS, anyone know who carries these once they get into ireland. i'm hoping it's UPS as i know the driver of my area :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Its just the an post service, SMS or whatever its called.
    You can track the guitar on the link that ishi gave you, or this;-
    http://www.track-trace.com/post.php

Also, you can track it by the anpost website when it comes into the country. Youll be able to see how its getting on in terms of customs etc, and also the day that its sent out for delivery (make sure you have someone at home that day, or you will have to collect it from the depot)

lol i was tracking it there today and saw this
    Status  	    Date  	  Time   Name of post office
    Acceptance  	Jul 11  	18:00  	KANDA

have to say i nearly ****ted myself, thought it was in canada.

so an post will deliver it ahh sure no biggie i factored into the price customs and tax amounts i was just trying to chance it :p

it's in ireland whoot.

it's in portlaoise post office depot at the moment.

funny enough i'm heading down to tipperary tomorrow so portlaoise is on the way, anyone know would they let me collect it if they are open?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Nah i doubt it. Youll just have to wait til next week:(

grrr. i'll give portlaoise a ring tomorrow anyways the worst they can say is no.

it arrived this morning \o/...

at half seven was awoken by the post man, signed for it, and said goodbye.

didn't ask for any money, so have i done the unthinkable? avoid customs.

pics will of course follow, once i get home from work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sweet. :)

Pics pics pics! More pics! :D

Sweet. :)

Pics pics pics! More pics! :D

i wish i could give them to ya now, but i'm like working now to pay off the guitar :p.

there will be a full hat of pictures come 7/8 o'clock tonight.

i'll be leaving the tortoise shell pickguard on it until i can get new strings which unfortualately will be saturday, as i doubt this can be replaced with strings attached.

• Advertisement

they are kinda crappy pics i was in a rush to get to playing it.

strat 1
    strat 2
    strat 3
    strat 4

all i need now is a blue suit to play camo with the walls :p.

also the little pickup magnets that pop out of the white pickup covers are all different heights, is that okay? i'm going into town on saturday to get it set up properly and just wondering should this be adjusted aswell?

if you look at pic 2 you can kinda see them at different depths

bloody love the headstock and tuners shape, it's one of the most defining pieces on the guitar in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

Yeah... they're supposed to be. The strings follow a small camber in the fretboard. The pole pieces are aligned to counter the fact the middle strings are slightly higher than the outer ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Wow that's a pretty set up! Gallagheriffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Excellent choice, Cremo, she's a beauty!

I actually like it with the tortoise pickguard, I wouldn't change it - well maybe for a pearloid one.
    i'll be leaving the tortoise shell pickguard on it until i can get new strings which unfortualately will be saturday, as i doubt this can be replaced with strings attached.

Don't forget that the pickups are attached to it too! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

That couold result in hilarity. :p

"bit stiff... Just give it a good tug...

Oh dear" :p

nah sorry i ain't as stupid as the guy who tried to scallop his own fretboard with a spoon. :p

i do admit the tortoise looks good, but everything bar that is in aged white ie selector knob, the volume controls/tone controls/ rear back plate/ pickup covers. i'll stick the white on it and see how she looks.

Cremo wrote:
    nah sorry i ain't as stupid as the guy who tried to scallop his own fretboard with a spoon. :p

And I would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for those meddling kids...

And I would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for those meddling kids...

that wasn't you that tried that was it? :p

If that was a serious enquiry, no, sorry, it's hard to find those kind of narcotics in this country. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Go with mint green (off white aged colour) or pearloid

• Advertisement

I still think if I ever get my hands on a Fender Japan Strat, it's going to be this one. Still think it's a pity I didn't see one of those while I was over in Japan, I could've nabbed it.

karl i'd advise you to get on to ishibashi cause Ace - what a class name - the guy i dealt with said that this was the third last lake placid blue strat they had.

wouldn't want you disappointed. :p

Pfft, I've no moneys at all man. Maybe next year? ;)

Pfft, I've no moneys at all man. Maybe next year? ;)

meh, next year? that's too long a wait. :p

Cremo wrote:
    meh, next year? that's too long a wait. :p

I'm fairly happy with what I've currently got anyway, so it doesn't bother me. Coil splitting on the J Custom gives me some very nice strat tones indeed. So I'm set for all tonal bases, except Piezo.

Advertisement