Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alien Vs Predator 2-DVD set is out today....anyone going to buy it?

• 04-03-2005 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭

I know I am!!
    Yeah it was a bit rubbish but the end fight is worth the price alone!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,032 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nope... thought the film was an absolute turd!

One of the only films (that i can remember) actually turning off half-way through in boredom. So i didn't see this end fight.... i really doubt it could have possibly made up for those 40 minutes of my life i lost watching the first half.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The only reason I'd buy this abomination is to have the momentary satisfaction of destroying this DVD. An appalling movie that shat over two franchises that I enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I think I'll just do the xtravision rent and return before 6 and burn job on this one. I wasnted to see it but after hearing how bad it was refused to pay good money to see it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't even bother burning it. It's a complete turd and it's sheer lack of entertainment may damage any DVD writers you use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

[PHP]An appalling movie that shat over two franchises that I enjoy[/PHP]

you took the words right outta my mouth, terrible terrible movie. I never considered myself violent , but i really wanted to kill the idiot who came up with this movie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Words just cannot describe the anger I felt at how this made a joke out of both the "Alien" and "Predator" good name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Is this a directors cut version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Ahh was'nt too bad, not as bad as Freddy v Jason. One word to describe that film: p1ss poor. And be prepared looks like there will be a sequel to this

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/freddyvsjason2.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I totally agree with everything posted before me (except the guy whos going even hold it in his hands).

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,032 ✭✭✭✭Basq

garred wrote:
    Ahh was'nt too bad, not as bad as Freddy v Jason. One word to describe that film: p1ss poor. And be prepared looks like there will be a sequel to this

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/freddyvsjason2.php
    I actually didn't mind Freddy Vs Jason.

Mindless fluff but enjoyed that it really took the piss out of the franchise.

Thankfully, it looks like they've abandoned the whole Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash (from Evil Dead) sequel they were planning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thankfully, it looks like they've abandoned the whole Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash (from Evil Dead) sequel they were planning

Thank god. Nothing could have ruined the good name of the evil dead trilogy more then this pile of excretement.

Although, that said, if it was Bruce Campbell, he would have been bound to prop up the movie somewhat....! :)

And I have to agree with Garred - FvJ was way worse then Avp. Of course they are both brutal on a sky high scale but still Avp was slightly less crap. Slightly. Marginally. Just about. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I'm going to wait a few months till the price comes down and then buy it just to keep my Alien collection on track. It had some good unintentional comedy moments too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

i heard the dvd was going to have directors cut which would restore the movie to decent??? any news on the next one yet?

btw bought both i bobot and predator special edition....

plenty of stuff on both but disappointed by the huddrum commentaries, john mc tiernan has got to have the most boring delivery ever (on pred and die hard dvds)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

An insult to Alien and Predator fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

An insult to Alien and Predator fans.
    well said

my hopes were lifted when anderson said there's a directors cut... but i don't see/hear anything about it...

Advertisement