Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Napolean Dynamite

• 06-03-2005 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Has anyone seen this? I've only seen it and I think it's hilarious. Typical geek!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I loved this film. Is it out on DVD yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep.. brillant!!

Sheer genius!

Released on DVD on 25th April...... GOSH!!

Extras:
    * Audio commentary by director/co-writer Jared Hess, Producer Jeremy Coon and actor Jon Heder
    * Deleted scenes
    * 'Peluca': the original short film
    * 'The Wedding Of The Century': a 'Making Of' featurette

Will be weird to hear Jon Heder do the audio commentary not as Napolean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I was alright - funny a couple of times but not as good as you are all hyping to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Loretta.

the extras r crap unfortunately.
    that wedding making-of-feature thingy seemed to just be an excuse to hav a reunion of the cast and IT WASNT FUNNY

pity,cuz i luv the style of humour in the film. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I was alright - funny a couple of times but not as good as you are all hyping to be.

You obviously didnt smoke anything before watching it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

When I went to see it in UGC, the projectionist turned off the projector before the wedding sequence. But after seeing the DVD, I didn't miss much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Thought it was great. Really loved the humour and it was really different.
    Definitely one i'll be buying.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Good enough, probably worth another watch, but I'm not really a fan(boy).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

It was the best film of 2004 for me...

The Audio commentary is intresting, some cool info in it.

Lucky!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I loved this movie and I'll definitly be buying it when it comes out.

The humour was actually original and it was consistently funny all the way through.

Really makes ya believe again :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭thafitz

Blisterman wrote:
    When I went to see it in UGC, the projectionist turned off the projector before the wedding sequence. But after seeing the DVD, I didn't miss much

it wasnt much but the state of napoleon riding on the horse was funny as fúck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I thought it had some funny moments but overall wasn't as good as I was hoping it would be.

Also - there was horrendous amounts of 'boom in frame' during the film. Did nobody else notice this? Surely it could have been fixed very easily with a mask in post production.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This wasn't a bad film at all. I really didn't know what to expect from it but it was enjoyable.

Advertisement