Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teacher Job Swop Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

hockey21 wrote: »
    i think 3 messages is good when you think of all the other people who are also on text a sub :) yeah sure keep me posted on the subbing maybe you will hear of a job coming up for this Septmeber. yeah im always looking at into sight to c panels hopefully something will pop up for you soon hope your daughter is ok :)

Thanks Hockey. At least things are moving quick so it'll give the rest of us a chance. I know a lot of friends eager to move home so hopefully it works out for us all :)

Hopefully I'll get out on Monday and keep you posted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ando108

Teacher swap 2016-2017 School year
    I am a Primary school teacher with a permanent position around the Rosslare area in Wexford looking to do a swap with someone from Kilkenny, Tipperary or Waterford. I am living in Piltown and would love to cut my commute time down as I am travelling about an 1.15 minutes to work every day, Knackered!

<Mod Edit: Maybe not too specific on the location>
    People can PM for further details. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Snow angel

Post primary teacher - subjects are English and History
    I'm am
    In the kildare/Meath area - also only half hour from
    Dublin.

On a 13 hour CID contract.

Looking to swap to Sligo/Mayo area.

Preferably 2015/16 academic year but would push it out to 2016-17.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 topanga

I am in a really lovely primary school in North Dublin and would like to swap for another school in Dublin, mainly for a shorter commute! Would also be open to considering schools in other near-to-Dublin commuter towns such as Clonee, Leixlip, Maynooth, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lollymolly

Hi all, I thought I might get an idea to see if anyone would be interested in doing a primary teacher swap with me in Galway. The deadline to register with the INTO list is December but just want to see is there any interest in my swap. I am a primary teacher in Oranmore, Galway looking to swap to somewhere more rural in particular the corrandulla, Annaghdown, Headford area or North Galway/Mayo border. However, I could be interested in other areas depending on the commute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Suzielucie

HI!! I'm looking to move from Limerick to Galway. I'm a primary school teacher teaching in Limerick city. Anyone interested in a teacher exchange for September 2016?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭roxychix

Hi permanent teacher looking to swap from dublin to north west sligo donegal or leitrim. Its mainly english with junior cert irish and history. Moving for personal reasons lovely school with lovely staff. Pm if anyone interested. Pref from sept 2016 at this stage. We can exchange for a year to see if it suits etc cheers:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 time2change

Posting on behalf of my friend and I, both looking to move home:

Post primary 22 hour cid geography and business in Cork looking to go to kerry

And

Post primary 22 hour cid maths, science, applied maths, physics looking to go to kerry

Hoping to hear from someone!☺

• Registered Users Posts: 1 deck1989

Hi I am a permanent primary school teacher in a large city school in Limerick and I am interested in doing a swop on a temporary basis at first with a view to making it permanent if turns out to be successful for both parties. I am looking for Kildare/ South Dublin or Wicklow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nikki123

Hi,

I'm a PE and Maths teacher in rural school in Wexford, lovely school and lovely staff. Looking to move to Offaly or surrounding area. Looking to move Sept 17, anyone interested PM me.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

Just wondering, has anyone been successful in getting a "swap"? - I've heard people talking about having their name on the list, but I have never actually heard of anyone swapping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Muinteoir G

Hi there I am looking to do a teacher exchange/ job swap for September 2017. I am looking for a job in Cork. I currently teach on the border of Dublin but my school address is in Meath. It is approx 25 mins from the city centre. The school is located next to the motorway. Ideal school for person looking to move to Meath/ Dublin or even Louth. Let me know what you think or if you are interested. Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Deemurphy50

Hi,
    I'm a permanent primary school teacher in Dublin 7 looking for a job swap to Wexford from March or September 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CarlosV

Hi
    I'm looking to do a swap from Cork County (30 mins from city) to Dublin. I'm a primary school teacher. This would be for Sept 2017 and 2018 at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Conelan

deck1989 wrote: »
    Hi I am a permanent primary school teacher in a large city school in Limerick and I am interested in doing a swop on a temporary basis at first with a view to making it permanent if turns out to be successful for both parties. I am looking for Kildare/ South Dublin or Wicklow?

Just wondering how you go about the "making it permanent" part. Young lady in our school has been working in a swap arrangement for few years now but we haven't seen any mechanism by which it could be made permanent. Would be delighted to find there was some way as at the moment she is clocking in years of work in our place but from our inquiries it seems as if it doesn't even qualify as service for panel rights if she were to look to transfer to our diocese. Would be grateful if anyone could throw light on the issue, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

Hi. Looking for a job swap from a Gaelscoil in Dublin to Galway/mayo. September 2017.
    PM for more details!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Muinteoir_N

Where I am- Gaelscoil in Blessington, Co. Wicklow- I commute easily from Dublin each day as route goes against the traffic.
    Very sad to be looking for a transfer as I love the school- wonderful staff, children and positive, co-operative atmosphere.
    Where I want to go- Gaelscoil in Galway.
    When- To begin in September 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pat281192

Teaching in aSecondary school in Limerick City, looking to move to within driving distance of Waterford. Subjects are PE and Geography. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭chases0102

Hi all,

CID English and History teacher, teaching in Co. Meath - living in Dublin myself and commuting against the traffic in both mornings and evenings, flying in.

Looking to swap to Limerick area.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to get in contact!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 mouchie

Hi all, I am working in a lovely school with single classes in South Galway. I would love to swap to a school within 30 minutes of Galway city.
    Reason for the swap is my commute.
    Please PM if you are interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tictac__x

Hi guys I am looking to do an exchange from a fabulous large primary school (400+)in North Kildare to a school in the Limerick/ Clare area. Looking to long term swap if situation suits both parties! Pm me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kellyl6

Hi guys,
    I am a permanent primary teacher in Mayo/Roscommon that wants to do a job swap to Westmeath/Cavan.
    (March 31st 2018)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 IrishSummer18

Currently working in a fabulous Primary School in Ballina, Co. Mayo. Am looking to swap to a school in the Sligo area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 clairekasey

Hi can anyone tell me is it possible to go from a career break to a teacher exchange? Career break sept 18 to june 19 and teacher exchange sept 19 to june 20? Thanks

Advertisement