Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Mushy wrote: »
    Somehow not more yellows.

Somehow this pitch is acceptable.

Well the BT minions said the pitch was perfect, before the game, only to have Ian Darke announce at the beginning of his commentary that it had been raining all day in Cambridge.

All that should'nt mean that Leeds are playing as if they were in a local league:mad:

Get in !!!!! Dallas on 56 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Somehow not more yellows.

Somehow this pitch is acceptable.

Well the BT minions said the pitch was perfect, before the game, only to have Ian Darke announce at the beginning of his commentary that it had been raining all day in Cambridge.

All that should'nt mean that Leeds are playing as if they were in a local league:mad:

Ah BT commentators are as thick as a plank.

Nice header Dallas

Ah BT commentators are as thick as a plank.

Nice header Dallas

Only one plank ?? My opinion of them is somewhat stonger.

Goal Mowatt !!!

Bit of a steal by Mowatt, but could've been blocked too.

Happy days, even though I'm not overly fussed due to Fridays game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Not as comfortable as I would have liked, Cambridge certainly didn't make it easy for us, but I'll take it.

Nice to get through there, hard game. Would think Derry would take it easy on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Happy with the win, not happy that Pontus misses the next two matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Happy with the win, not happy that Pontus misses the next two matches

Will that prevent invoking the 22 game clause before the end of the transfer window?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭championc

No. If he had been booked at Derby and not played tonight, he'd have been back for Blackburn on 31st

Can't understand as to why he was chosen to start over Barkley, given his precarious situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Hernández has signed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Great result for us last night in the Reading game.

Fingers crossed for tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Huddersfield game be worth keeping an eye on too.

A win tonight would be massive! Keep Derby out of the top 6!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Really looking forward to tonight. After so many years stuck in mid table mediocrity, finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. A win tonight will be huge for us, getting further into the depths of play-offs, and hope Newcastle or Brighton slip up more

A win would really cement the spot in the playoffs, considering how crazy it is it'd be nice to have a cushion. Would also put some pressure on those above the team.

That result last night was great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Jesus its total head melt these days. Playing good football, right end of the table, decent manager, new (seemingly) mentally stable owner in the pipline. A shot at promotion a real prospect. Loads of live coverage on TV.

What is that warm happy sensation I'm getting these days when I watch us play and win?

Is that confidence I'm feeling?

No, Leeds & confidence don't go together in my head. Maybe just less pessimism would sum it up better.

Yay! I'm less pessimistic about our prospects, for the first time in about a decade.

Win tonight will be huge. Beers are in the fridge, hopefully I'll be toasting that win later on.

Fa cup on tv in next round. That's almost every game this month, and first one next month, on the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Can't wait for tonight's game. Main concern is CB if Ayling has to cover there. He's been great at RB so moving him and having Coyle cover really changes things. Bartley is a beast tho and may carry us through on his own.

Am a Leinster fan too so it's a night for turning off the phone and blocking the sitting room door!!

tumblr_m15qmys6xn1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Should be one up here, but can't complain too much

Hernandez is a joy to watch

WOOD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Leeds get Wood and score..... (I should be a headline writer :) )

It's like Lee Chapman again. It might not always be beautiful - that was one of his better ones - but you get the feeling he'll stick his head, arse or knee,onto anything to divert it goalwards,,,and it's effective.

That half was a joy to watch, some sublime football, but enough to make sure they need to be on top at all times.

My favourite bit is that it can never be said Derby are playing poorly, Leeds are just brilliant!

Wheeeeeeew...

Booked for throwing ball in air (rightly), but nothing for getting elbowed in the face. Poor form!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Hernandez is so far above this level , and I love it :)

Beautiful to watch this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Great result. Green needs to sort himself.

I never thought a 1-0 would be so comfortable. 7/8 players were outstanding, Viera looked bit inexperienced at times although a good second half. Doukara a dodgy start but grew in so could make it 10 quality performances. Green giving the heart attack.

The quality tonight was something rarely seen, keep that up and hopefully it won't be the playoffs route.

• Advertisement

What a performance....a real statement of intent

I usually hate watching, but that first half was so very very enjoyable

And let's not forget that was a makeshift defence

Green did well in first half against Ince, but agree he causes unnecessary nervousness at the back

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement