Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QL muscle

Options
  • 18-05-2015 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭

Not looking for any medical advice!

Just wondering if anyone has strained their QL muscle, and if so, how long did it take for it to heal, and how long before you were back running? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Have you had anyone look at it? Its quite an easy muscle to fix if you have someone to work on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

RubyK wrote: »
    Not looking for any medical advice!

Just wondering if anyone has strained their QL muscle, and if so, how long did it take for it to heal, and how long before you were back running? Thanks :)

I never stopped!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

thehamo wrote: »
    Have you had anyone look at it? Its quite an easy muscle to fix if you have someone to work on it.

Yes, I went to a physio on Saturday, he didn't want to do too much and aggravate it more. He told be what to do etc and I'm back on Tuesday for some work.
    menoscemo wrote: »
    I never stopped!

:eek: I strained it Fri evening, and by Fri night I was limping badly. Could barely walk on Saturday. Wasn't too bad yesterday, but I am quite uncomfortable again today. You must be made of tough stuff meno :)

:eek: I strained it Fri evening, and by Fri night I was limping badly. Could barely walk on Saturday. Wasn't too bad yesterday, but I am quite uncomfortable again today. You must be made of tough stuff meno :)

I ran on a dodgy QL for a long time, close to a year all in all. Pain manifested in my opposite hip/glute so numerous physios were diagnosing it wrong. I was able to run even though I limped while walking.
    When I finally had the right diagnosis a bit of manipulation of the area had it cleared up pretty quickly so hopefully you will be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Also had it. Diagnosed and treated there and then. Back running next day.

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    I ran on a dodgy QL for a long time, close to a year all in all. Pain manifested in my opposite hip/glute so numerous physios were diagnosing it wrong. I was able to run even though I limped while walking.
    When I finally had the right diagnosis a bit of manipulation of the area had it cleared up pretty quickly so hopefully you will be back soon.

Thats interesting meno! I have a lot of pain in glute, and can't imagine running. Hopefully I'll get sorted asap.

tunney wrote: »
    Also had it. Diagnosed and treated there and then. Back running next day.

Really good to hear lots of positive feedback! I hope to be cured tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Have a look at this referral pattern for QL trigger points. A lot of people suffer with reffered glute pain as a result

Thats interesting meno! I have a lot of pain in glute, and can't imagine running. Hopefully I'll get sorted asap.

yeah it was a pain in the hole (literally). Ibuprofen can help but it's not a long term solution

Advertisement