Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake €2 Coin

Options
  • 17-10-2010 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

Feckers at Lidl gave me a Fake Turkish 2 Euro coin. Appearntly its only worth 51 Cent in turkey. Cant believe i didnt notice it. :mad: anyone Else get this coin before?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

There's a few around like that. I think Greece had similar at one stage before the Euro came in.
    They pop up occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭invaderjim

I got given a similar one in the Point, a thai coin. Serves me right for buying drink in the point I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

RobitTV wrote: »
    Feckers at Lidl gave me a Fake Turkish 2 Euro coin. Appearntly its only worth 51 Cent in turkey. Cant believe i didnt notice it. :mad: anyone Else get this coin before?

You can always use it in the cig machine....if you smoked of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Don't blame the staff in Lidl. If you didn't notice the cashier definitely didn't I'd say. Oh and sickened! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'm always paranoid now that I'm going to be given a turkey.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

apparently the thai ones work in vending machines, so if you get a few save them for cigarette machines or sell them at a euro a pop to your smoker friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Dark_by_Dezign

The government should use them to bail out the country , be quarter of the price :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

At least it wasn't a fake €20 €uro coin...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

how can a legal tendered coin be fake? even if it is out of a different country

• Registered Users Posts: 30,060 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

pmcmahon wrote: »

maybe there's chocolate inside

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

well it's a "fake euro", best way to get rid of them is at a busy takeaway at 2am

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Yeah, I've seen a fake 2Euro coin, was meant to look like one and all.

And my friend got one, just like a 2€ coin, it was from Malhi or some country like that, looked the exact same

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Just throw it in the box on the Dublin Bus, not a huge deal. Happens us all from time to time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭SportsGreatest

I got a fake €50 note off SuperValu last week. I tried to spend it in Maxol but they wouldn't take it. Thankfully, SuperValu exchanged it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Just go on holidays to Turkey - problem solved.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

ahh i remember coming home from thailand very very well...

http://ambrand.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/thaieuro.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

The Bulgarian Lev looks a lot like a 1 euro coin, i've got 3 or 4 of them in change over the past year or so.

http://www.coinauthentication.co.uk/images/Bulgarian1lev.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

ahh i remember coming home from thailand very very well...

http://ambrand.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/thaieuro.png

The schlong on the Euro one looks better though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I got stung with that Thai coin and went back to the shop to try and spent it and they caught me :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

well it's a "fake euro", best way to get rid of them is at a busy takeaway at 2am

it is clearly not a fake euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

it is clearly not a fake euro.

It might not be a fake € but it's not a €uro coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I was stung with a fake one about a year ago.
    Got it in change from the supermarket and spent it in the (not attached, but owned by the same people) off licence.

A few days later one of the young fells who works in the off licence berated me over it.
    I apologised and offered to pay the difference. He said no, and then sneered at me. He's a ****ing prick though. The same prick screwed my sane lodger out of €10 in change too.

I honestly didn't notice the difference. Can't remember where the coin was from though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

Terry wrote: »
    I was stung with a fake one about a year ago.
    Got it in change from the supermarket and spent it in the (not attached, but owned by the same people) off licence.

A few days later one of the young fells who works in the off licence berated me over it.
    I apologised and offered to pay the difference. He said no, and then sneered at me. He's a ****ing prick though. The same prick screwed my sane lodger out of €10 in change too.

I honestly didn't notice the difference. Can't remember where the coin was from though.
    You should have whipped a half nelson on his a55 and made HIM apologise. What the hell would John Cena have done?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I used to work in a bank and the amount of fake notes being deposited through the quick deposit envelopes is huge.

easily clock up £500 a day, sometimes alot more in 50's and 20's.

most of the deposits from businesses.
    Some of the notes looked like they had been made with a 5 year old with some crayons. I don't know how cashiers missed that they were fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

RobitTV wrote: »

I have a fake one too, it has Eamon Dunphy on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I got a fake €50 note off SuperValu last week. I tried to spend it in Maxol but they wouldn't take it. Thankfully, SuperValu exchanged it for me.

So you went back to them and told them you got a fake €50 and they believed you and swapped it for a real 1?

wow never seen that happen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

dunsandin wrote: »
    You should have whipped a half nelson on his a55 and made HIM apologise. What the hell would John Cena have done?
    Cena would have made a film out of it, informed us of the presence of the champ, and then appeared himself without a championship belt.

The writers would then try to turn him heel, all the while completely ignoring the fact that nobody cares about him and that the kids actually love the wannabe Stone Cold Steve Austin persona of Randy Orton.

The writers would then continue to piss on 79% or their audience by giving us an inferior and PG product.

People named "Vince" should not be allowed to be involved in the PW industry. That comment will be lost on most people.

Anyway, here's Vince McMahon with collagen lips:

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

I warned you this would happen.. but you didn't listen! YOU DIDN'T LIIIIISSSSSTEN!

I came across one of these in work one day when counting the float at the end of the day. I left it out and informed the boss the next day, somebody obviously paid for something with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

Karsini wrote: »
    I came across one of these in work one day when counting the float at the end of the day. I left it out and informed the boss the next day, somebody obviously paid for something with it.
    People are unreal, aren't they. Tisk,tisk.
    Anyone know where to get a steady supply of them?Turkey probably. Must have a word with Dustin.

Advertisement