Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most requested things for websites

Options
  • 23-05-2010 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

I've learned to set up websites initially from personal interest during my degree in product design and have set some up for friends and local sports teams and am considering setting up shop to charge for them. I can't stand a "sure it'll do" approach and I've got high standards on what I believe I should be able to do for people before considering to ask for money so was curious what people find are the most requested things customers want on their websites so I can learn how to do them. I know things will differ depending on the type of site of course.

From my knowledge at present the most requested as well as most needed because some people had no idea what was possible (apart from general aesthetic design and content requirements) have been:

1. SEO
    2. CMS
    3. Analytics
    4. Searchable site
    5. Social media links
    6. Location Map
    7. Photo slideshow

At present I do not wish to get involved with eCommerce so would not even consider taking on with such work. Are there others that people are finding are important elements people request?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I find SEO always comes last as clients are uneducated in that fact and seem to come to you thinking that they already have an audience ready,
    i think they mistake demographic and audience often.

This is my experience

1. Social media links
    2. Photo slideshow
    3. Location Map
    4. CMS
    5. Analytics
    6. SEO
    7. Searchable site

Twitter links being thrown in everywhere, where possible.
    What does it leverage ? who cares, its "IN"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Almost all clients don't mention the most important thing on the wishlist:

Profit if selling online, visibility/credibility if not. (depends on business type)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭worc

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated.

Advertisement