Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bedsit Blues

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

RomanKnows wrote: »
    Sounds like my brother. Does he also have a thing for smoking weed, listening to death metal and collecting Nintendo consoles? The fcuking idiot.

Not a weed smoker or console player. In fact, he claims to be member of the "PC master race." To each their own, though. You need to be less negative and judgmental.

Not a weed smoker or console player. In fact, he claims to be member of the "PC master race." To each their own, though. You need to be less negative and judgmental.

Militant athetist too, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jamesmcgranex

My friend lent me the use of his bedsit in town when I was going out with an old girlfriend years ago. He was a real legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

In fact, he claims to be member of the "PC master race."

The PC Brigade have gone so far left they're right around the other side I see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

nokia69 wrote: »
    irish landlords, the scum of the earth

we served our apprenticeship under the british

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Oops69 wrote: »
    Having to shave and wash in the kitchentte sink, basement flat 108 rathmines road 1988 and various other ****holes around there and it was one of the better flats aswell , landlords were ALWAYS Cavan men for some reason and were never a day late collecting the rent .

Well bugger me sideways, I spent a year in that hole around 92. Fr Sean Fortune the notorious paedophile lived on the ground floor and used to have to call me for the phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Well bugger me sideways, I spent a year in that hole around 92. Fr Sean Fortune the notorious paedophile lived on the ground floor and used to have to call me for the phone!

did he? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

fryup wrote: »
    did he? ;)

I was 21. 10 years too old for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

fryup wrote: »
    we served our apprenticeship under the british
    Sure you served with MacAlpines fusiliers didn't ye, fryup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

Never lived in one of them sh1t-holes, crikey - how do some landlords/ladies sleep at night ("on top of a pile of money" - yeh I know :pac:).
    Got a house share in Phibsborough in 2005 for €95 a week when doing a year-long postgrad (very cheap for Dublin at Celtic Tiger peak; old house and a bit shabby but spacious, clean, comfortable). When that lease was up in the summer, I stayed in a student apartment block just off campus - those rents absolutely plummet in the summer months (I was paying €90 a week).
    Shop around (then again, I had a load of money saved from working over-time for the previous year, but I still got a good deal I think).

Advertisement