Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disruption of Threads - Tell Us What You Think

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

Oryx wrote: »
    @cupoftea & TiltedBrain. Please dont derail this thread with smart ass derogatory comments.

I thought this thread was derailed long time past.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 mintoffdom

I have a wierd recurring dream. Is that paranormal? It invloves turning up at the Leaving Cert to find a different subject than the one I expected.

I'm always expecting English and it's always Physics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 mintoffdom

My apologies. I had not noticed this thread had expired. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i would say the chances are absolutely, minutely tiny. Theres just so much we dont understand how how the mind works its way through dreams that there could be zillions of perfectly normal explanations for the reoccurring ones which we just arent aware of as yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

Reading through this and other threads, it seems that some boards.ie members hang around to do little else other than to take issue with posts, and seem to relish protracted keyboard confrontation. Not nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Reading through this and other threads, it seems that some boards.ie members hang around to do little else other than to take issue with posts, and seem to relish protracted keyboard confrontation. Not nice.
    While that may be true, I don't believe it is so in this case, rather the posters here take offence at disagreement.

id say posters take offence at the assumption that they are thick/stupid/gullible/mad etc etc moreso than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I find it strange that people's weird experiences are better received in the 'mysteries of the unexplained' forum than they are in the paranormal forum. You could post the same story in both forums and get constructive opinions in one and a load of abuse in the other :rolleyes: It seems there are boardsie trolls constantly lurking in the shadows of the paranormal forum.... Pity really :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I find it strange that people's weird experiences are better received in the 'mysteries of the unexplained' forum than they are in the paranormal forum. You could post the same story in both forums and get constructive opinions in one and a load of abuse in the other :rolleyes: It seems there are boardsie trolls constantly lurking in the shadows of the paranormal forum.... Pity really :(
    There's a key difference, though. In the other forum, one is positing a mysterious experience and having no clue as to what exactly happened. Here, the posts are along the vein of "something happened, ghosts are real". Fundamentally different viewpoints.

• Advertisement

you obviously are reading a different forum than the rest of us. what usually happens is someone posts usually some kind of experience and then cynics arrive demanding the OP proves 'ghosts are real'.

Advertisement