Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Cheapest price/capacity drive is the MX100 from Crucial. Sometimes the 840 Evo edges it out. There's also Crucial's BX100, which should end up being cheaper, but since it's newer it's still slightly more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

I'm looking for cheap cans of air, looking at the prices on amazon, hoping someone here has a cheaper solution.

Even looked at compressors for a bit.

Want to use it to dust the inside of my PC, so a bit apprehensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I'm looking for cheap cans of air, looking at the prices on amazon, hoping someone here has a cheaper solution.

Even looked at compressors for a bit.

http://www.dealz.ie/catalogsearch/result/?q=air+duster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

EoinHef wrote: »

is that stuff good for use on the inside of the PC ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

/\/ollog wrote: »
    is that stuff good for use on the inside of the PC ?

You looking at yhe first result,air duster?

Ive used it before and had no issues,a bit of care is needed to keep the can in an up right position so the spray doesnt come out as a liquid. But this is true of most compressed air dusters ive used.

If thats a little to cheap harvey norman do a can from allsop,should be under €10 and has a handy straw to get to the awkward bits,especially useful for heatsink fins. Cant post a link as they dont seem to list it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Those cans of air from dealz are grand. Save yourself a few qyid and give them a go

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

dpjmie wrote: »
    I know its only a few quid but the price of that one has gone back up and is now £79.99 which is 107.99 minus the cost of shipping, so if you had your heart set on that one (as i did as it was a bargain) check out

http://www.komplett.ie/product/zkb-01opsl/80009970/kingston-ssdnow-v300-240gb/details.aspx

its 99.00

Amazon offer free shipping, komplett offer a flat rate of ~€10 so both will cost around the same, but amazon are far better to deal with than komplett.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Amazon offer free shipping, komplett offer a flat rate of ~€10 so both will cost around the same, but amazon are far better to deal with than komplett.

You can collect from komplett if you're in or work in blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Charlie19 wrote: »

As far as i know, they pulled out of blanch over a year ago, some time after paradigit bought them. There is no collect point (or any other presence in ireland) anymore.

Open to correction if things have changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Pretty sure they don't do the collection thing any more, so you have to factor in the €10 delivery charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Bought an inflatable mattress a few months ago. The pump it came with is actually pretty good for dusting my case.
    It doesn't have quite the same oomph as compressed air but its still quite good and 'free'!

Saitek X-55 Joystick £119.99 + £8.75 delivery today only.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GC-063-SK

God damn it...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Serephucus wrote: »
    God damn it...

I like how you done that. I often wanted to comment on a Bargain alert but it is no chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

I like how you done that. I often wanted to comment on a Bargain alert but it is no chat.

Seems you want no more and are living the dream. So go forth and wade balls deep in the warm moistness of hypocrisy.

Mwhahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Cooler Master Elite 130 - 40EUR on komplett.ie with UPS delivery around 10EUR.

I am not a fan of komplett as they once sold me refurbished mobo that was not mentioned on the page, but I got to admit, this is a damn nice deal.

I am rebuilding my htpc/server as previous case had serious air flow issues (single 80mm fan + low profile cpu fan) running my e8400 or q6600 very hot on idle (~60C).. avoid CiT HTPC cases!
    Cousin gave me his old i5-2400, which means new mobo and obviously a better case, however what bothers me is my low profile arctic freezer 11. I am literary putting all bets on better case airflow due to 1-2 12mm fans that I can now install... do you guys think I'll have to get closed loop cooling for i5 in such small case? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-208-OK

Went for the 780Ti pre-order deal from OcUK.

I sold my 680 for €200, so the 780Ti will be just around €160.

A good upgrade i think (i hope) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

brevity wrote: »
    Amazons top selling gaming keyboard and mouse set for 13.99 Sterling

Select "Other Sellers on Amazon" in the bottom right hand corner. You will have to use parcel motel.

Dang

We're writing to inform you that your order ________ from Tenzy has been cancelled
    by the seller with the following reason: -

The seller is unable to deliver your order to the delivery address provided .

Our sellers strive to minimise cancelled orders. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. We would like to confirm that you have not been charged for this order. If you have any questions regarding the cancellation of this order, please contact Tenzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

ED E wrote: »
    Dang

Try Parcel Motel and use your assigned UK mailing address.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Try Parcel Motel and use your assigned UK mailing address.

That was to PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

That was to PM.
    Oh, that's just mean of them :P

Ah well, no money for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brevity

That was to PM.

Try the babs media shop, the price is the same and I got a despatched email from them today and I used PM.

innthe wrote: »

This would be a pretty good buy if it wasn't for the exchange rate at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭kenyard

thats probably the reason its so reasonable tho. imports to UK are dirt cheap for them, so get used to seeing this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Danger781 wrote: »
    Amazon's deal of the day

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00U2FDO4C
    Acer XG270HU 27-Inch 144Hz FreeSync Monitor
    £269.99

Lowest price on record
    £349.98

From the bargains thread.

Tempted by this. I've had a Catleap 27" for the last 2 years or so and have loved it. Back playing CS:GO and would love to move from 60hz to 144hz, I've heard it makes a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Would that be an improvement over my Asus PB278Q?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Yes in the response rate and refresh rate. No in viewing angles and colour accuracy. Don't think it is worth the upgrade for you specifically unless screen tearing has been an issue for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

I ended up buying one. Even though I can't use FreeSync, at that price it's hard to turn down..

Been wanting a second monitor to accompany my XStar 27" for a while now. Have gotten far too used to my triple monitor setup in work so coming home to one monitor just isn't the same! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Damn that monitor with free sync is tempting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Was very tempting indeed but I cannot justify spending that kind of money on hardware especially TN monitors when I already have a 120Hz. If I was to get another display it would be either a HMD or a 1440p+ IPS/PLS/LED panel.

Advertisement