Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco Clare Hall Shopping Centre

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by robbie1876
    But there are no doubt some multipack items in the store that only scan through as one unit. Although, I suppose the weight thingy would pick it up straight away. Feckers are too clever...
    :dunno: based on how well they can work out the €/kg .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You could screw it but it would need a bit of prep work.. Just replace something you scanned with something more expensive but the same weight...

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

I belive it's a Bewleys hotel...

It's actually a Hilton hotel believe it or not :eek: . There is also a load of appartments going up behind it, plus Marks and Spensers and Superquinn are in a bidding war for the shopspace under the afore mentioned appartments. ( I have a friend in the know ).

With the sale of Belcamp college complete the plans for the N32 and City Junction ( thats what their calling the area now, well at least the builders are ) are quite ambitious.

The people in the know are referring to the whole project as an urban city centre......... go figure

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

A Hilton hotel well I have heard it all now, :eek: .That whole are is going to change for the better I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

The Hilton Darndale Hotel. Catchy, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

isnt dundrum going to be the biggest shopping centre in the country when it opens?

robbie1876 wrote:
    I've yet to try Clare Hall at 3am, but I've a very late gig this Friday so I'll let you know!!
    Tesco moved into their new Arklow store in april, it is humungously huge too, maybe 3 or 4 times the size of their old one and open 24hrs
    I've been in at 3am, it's gas to see people shopping at that hour.

They applied for planning permission there for a petrol station and guess what...
    At the last minute the local petrol retailers put in an objection to the planning :mad:

Stimpyone wrote:
    With the sale of Belcamp college complete the plans for the N32 and City Junction ( thats what their calling the area now, well at least the builders are ) are quite ambitious. The people in the know are referring to the whole project as an urban city centre......... go figure
    The area between Malahide Road, Clare Hall Road, the railway line and the city boundary (the stream) is being built on and will have a town centre.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Victor wrote:
    The area between Malahide Road, Clare Hall Road, the railway line and the city boundary (the stream) is being built on and will have a town centre.

Anybody have any links for this new area...?as I am from close to it.

• Advertisement

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=%22North+fringe%22&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryIE

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=%22hole+in+the+wall+road%22+%22grange+road%22&meta=cr%3DcountryIE

In particular http://www.pleanala.ie/s37eis140704.doc
    Location: Site at Balgriffen Park, bounded by Malahide Road to the West, Mayne River to the North, Grange Road Extension to the South and Hole In The Wall Road to the East, Dublin 17.

Development: 10 year planning permission for a development on a 36.6 ha site, comprising residential and mixed uses and providing 2,180 no. dwelling units and 10, 052 sq.m of retail, commercial and community uses.

Planning Authority: Dublin City Council, Planning Department, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8.
    Planning Authority Register Reference No.: 4315/03

Planning Authority Decision: To grant permission with conditions.
    Applicant: Shannon Homes (Dublin) Ltd.

Appellants: Tommy Broughan TD; Clare Hall Residents Association; and Shannon Homes (Dublin) Ltd.
    Appeal Reference Number: PL 29N.207192

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

Victor wrote:

Yeah thats right, but I'm talkin about the N32/Belcamp lane... different project!... couple of new pubs goinging in too I hear.

Rumour is too that the LUAS may run up the Malahide road as well, which would be nice as the buses servering the area tend to take the senic route into town ( 10 min journey takes 45mins ). But this is just a rumour. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

You could screw it but it would need a bit of prep work.. Just replace something you scanned with something more expensive but the same weight...

Easier would be to take the item you wanted to get cheap, say vodka, and replace the barcode with one from something the same weight, but cheaper, say Tesco Value Cola (30c).

This will only work if they (security) dont already have their eye on you (or that checkout). without going into too much detail, the whole damn lot is integrated and they'll see you're trying to screw the system prtt ymuch immediately. you're pretty much ****ed trying to do this if they're watching you, no matter how slight the indiscretion.

Advertisement