Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debenhams online

Options
  • 30-01-2013 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Ordered an item a few weeks ago that was an online exclusive...never again!

Received an email when it was dispatched and a reference to track it, but the reference was blank. Rang customer services (uk expensive number) & they also had no way to track it.

It arrived later than the 3-5 days and then turned out to be someone else's order. I rang CS who told me that I'd have to bring it to a store & they would refund me. Also "because I live in Ireland & we've no postcodes" they wouldn't simply resend the product, I would have to order again.

So I brought it to the store, and they didn't know how to process the refund (the product I received was worth less than the product I paid for). They rang CS who said they would actually process the refund over the phone,taking up to 5 days.

So I went off & reordered the product. It arrived within the correct time frame but wasn't the same colour as the photo online. The refund never hit my account so I rang CS again. They said that noone had processed the refund so will be another 5 days.

I tried to review the product, explaining about the colour difference & the review was rejected, asking me to contact CS.
    But there is no email address anywhere!

How do you make a complaint to Debenhams?
    I don't want to keep ringing the expensive UK number.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The Debenhams website seems to be handled through the UK only, no ROI base. I had this before, total mess, but at the same time my friend managed to order the clothes for 2 bridesmaids, no issues! Seems to be the luck of the draw, no I only order cheap sale items.

I dont think there is much point writing to any of the stores, try e-mailing a CEO? !

Debenhams are renowned for their disgraceful customer service and anything to do with their online shopping service. I don't want to sound defeatist or anything but from experience complaining to them will get you nowhere and you'll just get even more frustrated at their abysmal attitude toward online customers, Irish ones in particular. I would never order from them again for that very reason, once bitten twice shy and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,329 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Got a Debenhams loyalty card in Blackrock, Dublin. Registered online and then forgot my password. Have attempted several times to retrieve it and have been promised multiple e-mails with the password but have heard SFA. I know I gave them my correct e-mail address because I have several circulars to prove it but no password reminder. Clearly their online operation is a complete mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

l ordered off them once, waited very long time for my stuff to come..pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭glen25

coylemj wrote: »
    Got a Debenhams loyalty card in Blackrock, Dublin. Registered online and then forgot my password. Have attempted several times to retrieve it and have been promised multiple e-mails with the password but have heard SFA. I know I gave them my correct e-mail address because I have several circulars to prove it but no password reminder. Clearly their online operation is a complete mess.

I'm having the exact same problem. Got a loyalty card in the Galway store and filled out a form where they would set my account up for me. Great customer service I thought. Except I can't get a password from debenhams.ie customer service and the website isn't recognising my email address when I click on the Forgot Password link. I've emailed them loads and have gotten a few replies but nothing that can solve my seemingly simple problem!! It's just very frustrating as I keep getting special offer emails from them and emails telling me a have a €10 voucher built up in my online account!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Man .... should be a debenhams megathread :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I must say that I have ordered online with them a number of times and have no hassle, delivery was fast and I had no issues returning items. I guess it really is the luck of the draw.

Advertisement