Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4All Vouchers (Official statement on Post #9)

Options
  • 31-01-2013 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Has One4All gone out of business? There are rumours going around that they have? Where can I find out if this is true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Given that One4All is backed by An Post, this is highly unlikely. This rumour is probably more due to the recent voucher issues experienced by HMV etc.

To find out if this is true... I'd suggest keeping an eye on reputable news sources, and not scaremongering on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

I got a text from a mate telling me to use the voucher asap. So there does seem to be a rumour circulating. I know you can buy them in An Post - is the company owned by An Post too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mmcmahon94

Just spotted a post in Facebook from One4All saying that there is no truth to the rumour. I have copied it below.

Thanks for letting us know. No there is no truth in this rumour, it is without any foundation. We are delighted to say that The Gift Voucher Shop has only last week announced a record 13% increase in our sales for 2012, which follows similar double digit growth in each of the past 5 years. We are delighted with this success and expect this level of growth to continue in 2013. The Gift Voucher Shop is a subsidiary of An Post. We are also fully regulated and subject to the 2nd European e-money directive adopted and brought into law by the Irish Government on May 1st 2011. This legislation affords consumers with total protection of their funds and makes the One4all Gift Card one of the most secure gift cards in the market. Please pass on to anyone who may have any concerns. Thanks again One4all

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

I've no idea if they are secure or not but a quick Google suggests they are doing well.

The Gift Voucher Shop (GVS), the Irish firm that owns the One4all multi-store gift card brand, has reported a 14% increase in annual turnover in 2012 to over €150 million.

Sales increased across all distribution channels including Post Office, PostPoint, online and corporate sales.

Post office sales grew by 13% on 2011, while sales at PostPoint outlets such as Topaz and Applegreen service stations were up 31%. Online sales also continued to grow, experiencing a 24% increase overall.

Corporate sales to Irish companies increased 13% last year with more companies availing of the Small Benefit Exemption Scheme, allowing them to reward employees up to €250 in One4all Gift Cards and Vouchers tax and PRSI free.

“We can attribute our growth to a number of factors, including a gradual increase in business confidence which has boosted corporate sales but also a general trend among consumers towards more practical and flexible gifts,” says Michael Dawson, group CEO at the Gift Voucher Shop.

http://www.digitaltimes.ie/business-and-technology/one4all-sees-14-increase-in-turnover-in-2012/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

How could that business fail? They sell vouchers, a large number of which get lost or forgotten about. It's not like HMV which is paying huge rent for prime retail properties and is reliant on continuous sales of DVDs and CDs.

Even if everyone stopped buying One4All vouchers tomorrow, they would still be sitting on a large cash pile representing uncashed vouchers, they have a business model that makes them bulletproof. They probably have a tiny staff and minimal overheads.

Anyone who thinks there is the remotest similarity between the business models behind HMV and One4All is either an idiot or a mischievous scaremonger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I did some research - One4All giftcards are subject to EU eMoney rules, which means that the funds must be kept in a secure and separate account. This means that your money is safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

The rumour texts seem to be doing the rounds today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I was asked to post this statement from One4All which can be found on their Facebook page here.
    One4All wrote:
    We are delighted to say that The Gift Voucher Shop has reported a record 14% increase in our sales for 2012, which follows a similar double digit growth in each of the past 5 years. The Gift Voucher Shop expect this level of growth to continue in 2013.

A recent rumour that The Gift Voucher Shop may be experiencing difficulties is totally without foundation and untrue.
    The Gift Voucher Shop is a subsidiary of An Post. The One4all Gift Card is issued by the Bank of Ireland who are fully regulated and subject to the 2nd European e-money directive adopted and brought into law by the Irish Government on May 1st 2011. Part of this legalisation requires that all One4all Gift Card funds must be held in a secure segregated client fund account. This affords consumers with total protection of their funds and makes the One4all Gift Card one of the most secure gift cards in the market.

Please pass on to anyone who may have concerns.

Many thanks,

One4all Ireland

For further information or queries, please contact One4all customer service on 01 870 8100 custserv@giftvouchershop.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Denbo

Is it any wonder companies go bust with idiots adding to the rumour mill about the viability of a company. Cop on and use your common senses.

Advertisement