Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictive text/keyboards

Options
  • 08-09-2013 2:15am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello everyone!

Just moved from a Windows Phone 8 device to a galaxy S4. It's a big change and I'm still getting to grips with android. One thing that's bugging me is the predictive text/keyboard. Say I'm typing a text message with the standard Samsung keyboard and I'm trying to type the word "board", and instead miss the "o" and hit an "i", the phone isn't auto correcting the word and fixing it for me on the fly like my WP8 device would, I have to manually tell it what word it should be which seems ludicrous to me! Am I doing something wrong here, or is there a keyboard that will properly auto correct words for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭GIMP

Download the Google keyboard from the Playstore. I used the S4's keyboard for the first week, truly shocking experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

GIMP wrote: »
    Download the Google keyboard from the Playstore. I used the S4's keyboard for the first week, truly shocking experience.

SwiftKey unreal app

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I prefer swiftkey compared to the stock Google one personally although you have to pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Stock android has improved greatly over last 9 months.
    I no longer bother with swiftkey.
    Google did the right thing splitting the keyboard into a separate app, ensuring you don't have to be on
    the latest version of android to enjoy.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Bought swift key almost immediately but struggled with it a bit so just wanted a normal keyboard experience!

Just switched back to the standard Google keyboard and I'm back in business!

Thanks fellas!

• Advertisement
Advertisement