Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One - display lock kicks in during call

Options
  • 30-08-2013 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭

So that when you are finished the call there is a lot of fumbling around trying to press the power button, swipe to unlock, enter the 4 digit password and only THEN can you hang up the call.

Is there any way around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

So that when you are finished the call there is a lot of fumbling around trying to press the power button, swipe to unlock, enter the 4 digit password and only THEN can you hang up the call.

Is there any way around this?

It's maybe because your phone has a password on it?

By the time you go to hang up, your phone has locked with the password

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Yes, that is why, but how can I have it not happen, without taking off the password?

Yes, that is why, but how can I have it not happen, without taking off the password?

I don't think you can because it's designed to lock the phone after your preset time regardless of what it is you're doing, I quess the trade off of having security enabled is that it's difficult for the owner to get back in quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Something seems wrong with this, the phone should keep the lock screen off until your finished the call and only then lock the screen. Seems like a bug in the HTC?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

There is an accessibility setting that let's you hang up with the power button. Should solve your problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

swampy353 wrote: »
    There is an accessibility setting that let's you hang up with the power button. Should solve your problem

Tried this, it does let you hang up but you are still left with password screen waiting for input after a call. Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

It could be a fault with the proximity sensor, might be worth contacting HTC support about it.

It could be a fault with the proximity sensor, might be worth contacting HTC support about it.

It could be, but in my experience with HTC's (I have a Sensation XL), it's more than likely the trade off of securing the device, I don't have a lock on my phone because I just find it plain awkward, and I imagine the logic behind locking the phone during a call is if someone nabs it out of your hand and runs off with it, they still cant use it

Advertisement