Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Really long hair... cool or creepy?

• 11-04-2006 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Take a look at these pics of people with really long hair:

http://www.tlhs.org/xtra.html

What do people think? Personally, I find them a bit creepy...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Thread needs more poll tbh. Hmm, it seems I'm unable to add one.

Hmm, I look at them and think cool, but I think about how much bacteria they must drag around in that hair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I think its weird. How do they maintain it? There was a girl in my school whos parents wouldnt allow her cut her hair. Its kept trimmed but its still down below her ass.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Down below her ass wouldn't be as bad as that creepy hair. :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i should hope i wasnt (amn't) creepy

i had hair haflway between my knees and bum til my best friend attacked me last week and took off twelve inches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

What's not to love? You can flick your hair over your head, and look like this:

medium_sadako.jpg

Although in fairness, there's a lot of mingers on that site.

Nobody has sexier hair than Herman Li though:

28997813.HermanLi1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I like long hair on guys, but not that long!
    And Tar that girls hair is down at her thighs...it looks terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Long well maintained hair FTW

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nightwish wrote:
    I like long hair on guys, but not that long!
    And Tar that girls hair is down at her thighs...it looks terrible.
    All the more to sniff tbh. :eek:
    I'm sure it is a bit odd alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It looks disgusting.

I like long hair if it's well kept. Though at the knees or below is just pushing it.

Problem with so much hair is that it can look unkempt very easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Found that really creepy I think long hair but that's just weird. I don't think hair looks nice if it's past your arse. Just at the bottom of your back would be the limit at which i think looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Taters

I find them rather creepy.
    Also they must have a very hard time while using the toilet.
    Their hair should go right in. Hmm, the hair washing part would not be easy either..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Anything longer than your small of your back is weird. Only little girls can have longer hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Extremely creepy - they all look kind of inbred!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i wouldn't say creepy, but most of the hair doesn't look good, its like rats tails at the end.

knew a girl like that a while ago. she used to let her hair dry naturally... for three days.
    she could only wash it once a week it too so long.
    bit of a waste of time if you ask me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I like long hair, but that's a bit over the top :eek: (or under the bottom?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

scary lengths - don't like it at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

its weird looking, it goes along side that bloke who grew his fingernails so long they went all curly and they are too heavy for him to walk around normally so he has to wear a bag like thing around his wrist with his fingernails all curled up inside it.

but back on topic their hair looks in really bad shape, its very dry at the end, looks like hay.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i used to get compliments all the time when i had longer hair. perhaps my hair was better or those photos are just dodge.

/me misses her hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Aziraphale

It looks brilliant in a plait. Like Duo from Gundam Wing...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

hair long hair below the feet is wierd and all those pictures look like wizened old spinsters, find some young nubile women with long hair and we'll decide:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

I don't think it looks nice at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Creepy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Aziraphale

Not creepy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Have to disagree with long hair looking best on small girls, I think it just swamps them. I think it looks better on taller girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I think hair that long is horrible! I think girls with short hair are SO much hotter! Long hair kinda makes them look like they don't mantain themselves..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

creepy most definetly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Creepy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

It doesn't suit most of them at all!

http://www.tlhs.org/l_hair132.jpg

^ That's a really cool pic though.

• Advertisement

It doesn't suit most of them at all!

http://www.tlhs.org/l_hair132.jpg

^ That's a really cool pic though.
    wow indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Son Goku

It literally makes me physically ill to look at.
    It's an affront to manhood.
    I'm actually sitting at my computer frothing with rage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rach_horn

I think it looks really really scary in those photos..... long waist length hair on pretty girls looks good but only if it's shiny and well kept...when it's frizzy it looks nasty...

Rach :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 orlib

those pictures are quite mingin to be honest-they're just a little bit old for hair that long! but in general long hair looks cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

freaks me right out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

I love long hair if its well kept its taken me 3 years to grow mine long without it looking straggly. I think once it hits your waist it just looks a bit pikey though! the girls in most of thsoe pics - there hair is awful theres at least a foot or two of dead dry and split ends its all thin and straggly - cut it off!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Manolo Blahnik

It's freaky. Anything past bra stap at back is horrible. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Definitely creepy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Vulpiner

It depends on your shape. Long hair looks good on average sized women but looks a little freaky on petite girls. I mean it basically makes you look like pixie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

*flicks hair*

have at thee!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 phia

I had to say this, I came across the site that was quoted at the beginning, looking for other people with really long hair.
    i've got hair that is way past my waist and on it's way to my knees. i looked at the website that was linked and the guy that runs it is seriously messed up. if it was a site about how lovely children are he'd be a peadophile. the way he justifies taking illicit pictures of women with long hair and asking to touch them is really wierd, He sounds like a pervert trying justify himself. He claims it isn't an erotic site, but then goes on about how lovely it is to feel long hair on naked skin and how obscene it is for women to cut their hair. without wanting to get all feminist he's using long hair to subjugate women, did anyone see that programme about feeders? He sounds like them!
    I put my hair up all the time so I don't get wierdo's like him coming up to me. I have long hair cos i haven't been to a hairdresser in 8 years thats all. Just to put people's mind at rest, it doesn't drag on the floor and it is very clean! but if I'm stood at a bar and it's down people lean in it by mistake which is quite funny!
    I get that people find it creepy, but quite frankly it's the way that the site is presented that's creepy, I think the moral is to stay away from wierd german men

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Creepy most definately. I'm in the process of growing my hair and someone will have to shoot me if I decide to leave it until then. Imagine trying to play a sport. Cross country wouldn't be very fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Long is good but there is such a thing as too long and considering the weight of all that hair I'd fear the thinning effect

i wouldn't fear the thinning effect, some ppl w/ really long hair have really thick hair. mine lies on the thick side of middling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fcukme2

Creepy most definitely!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Really, really long hair is way to freaky!

Advertisement