Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyeshadow that doesn't crease...

Options
  • 10-08-2005 2:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

... under one's eyelids - does such a thing exist?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

if it does, I havent found it. Mine always ends up all over the top of my eyes, just under my eyebrows and when i put a small bit under my eyes, it falls down my face in small clumps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 captain_airbox

Hi i was wondering if anyone had ever sold avon products? im am interested in doing it but I want to talk to someone who does it or did it and find out how hard it is.
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

most MAC eyeshadows, especially the matte or veluxe ones will stay fresh all day, especially if applied properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

most MAC eyeshadows, especially the matte or veluxe ones will stay fresh all day, especially if applied properly

Applied properly? Like with a brush?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 TailFeather

Yeah I always wear MAC eyeshadow and it stays on perfectly throughout the day and/or night. But you do have to know how to apply it well. I find layering is the best way to ensure it doesn't crease! You alway have to start with a base and then put on your main colour, both using a large, flat eyeshadow brush. Then of course, use smaller brushes to shade and blend in other colours...and...hey presto..beautiful make-up that lasts and lasts.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Yeah I always wear MAC eyeshadow and it stays on perfectly throughout the day and/or night. But you do have to know how to apply it well. I find layering is the best way to ensure it doesn't crease! You alway have to start with a base and then put on your main colour, both using a large, flat eyeshadow brush. Then of course, use smaller brushes to shade and blend in other colours...and...hey presto..beautiful make-up that lasts and lasts.......

sounds like FAR too much effort for me. I just wear lots of eyeliner instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

What is particularlly good with keeping MAC makeup in place and for that matter even Number 7, as well as Clinque in my experience, is before you apply your make-up (this might sound a bit mad but..) put a lil bit of water on your make-up brush first, and then wit another brush put a lil bit of eyeshadow in the lid, mix the two of them together with the first brush (now when i say a lil bit of water, I mean just dampen the brush with a drip or two coming off it) and then "paint" it on. Depending on what make-up you're using it can look a little light (ie Number7), but it works really well with MAC.

Sounds mad, but it works for me. You generally need to wet your brush a few times, but it works well, and helps with the blending process, particularlly with what a certain style Clinque was pimping last season, where they had pink, green and purple eyeshadow combinations.

Or else you could try the nu cream eyeshadows that are out, I think Channel does them-I could be wrong now, but I'm sure you could get something similar in Boots..

God I really am such a girl at times...

Edit : as for getting it under your eyes, when you're putting it on, put a lil bit of powder on below your eyes and then after you're done with your eyeshadow, just brush it off

Oh - I've discovered that water trick a while back - good stuff! :) Have been doing it mostly with Rimmel eye shadow though - must dig out some of the MAC stuff I have and try it with those.

While we're on the topic of eyes, what do people think of MAC fluidlines? I've a bronze one and it may be the coolest piece of make-up I own! (not really for everyday, though).

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Like the poster before me said, MAC eyeshadow are good for lasting all day and most don't crease. Matte is the best for not creasing on ya. Any eyeshadow that is slightly creamy will tend to crease. But if you use a base colour first (a light beige/cream colour) this will help take away any oils on you lids and also take away any redness on your lids and help the eye shadow stay in place. It's also a good idea to dush a tiny amount of translucent powder under your eye if that area is oily too, otherwise the shadow will just slide down your face!

Also if your eyeshadow is very flaky whe applying, get some loose translucent powder and dab a good bit of it under your eyes. When finished doing your eye makeup you can brush off the powder and any eyeshadow that has fallen will sit on top of the powder and it can be dusted off instead of sitting on your face!!(an alternative to this is to place a tissue under your eye when doing your eye make-up up)

MAC eyeshadows can a high level of pigment and this is what helps the colour last and ya don't have to be applying it all day/night.

Brushes are the best way of applying your eyeshadow. Using your fingers ain't gonna give you the best results and you'll use less of the shadow. When taking the the eyeshadow with the brush tap it gently and then apply to your lid in sweeping motions across the lid. And just keep blending till you get it the way you want. Use a brush for putting it under your eyes aswell. But remember to tap the brush so the excess doesn't go all over your face!!

If your shadow still creases on you but you want a shimmery/glittery look, apply matte colours and then just sweep across lightly a shimmer shadow. This will give ya a hint of shimmer but ya won't be creasing!

As Alana has said, putting it on with water will intensify the look of the eyeshadow. But just be careful, coz if you dip a watery brush into a powder eyeshadow it can wreck it. Like, I said before, MAC eyeshadow contains a lot of pigment so you shouldn't need to use water with it.

Don't go near Chanel eyeshadows/blushers. Bourjois is made by the same company and is practically the same. Only diff is the packaging!!!

Oh and make sure to clean your brushes regularly girlies!! I'm all about the hygiene!!! :)

MAC fluidline is absolutely brill!!! Once you use that, putting on normal eyeliner is just a chore!!

FOr all of yaz that don't know what it is, it's a gel like eyeliner that comes in a pot and has loadsa different colours. Some gorgeous bronze and purple colours.

Ya use a brush to put it on and it is so easy to use. It just glides on the lid. Its also waterproof when it dries on your eyes so it's great for all those who have watery eyes!!! And you can smudge it out into eyeliner.

Great stuff it is.

• Advertisement

It is indeed the ****, but I still can't fault Clinique....well bar one thing. Again a lil off topic, I have a bit of a problem finding decent foundation, the only nice one i found that I loved was Armani...but it costs an arm and a leg...

MAC is too heavy, Clinique clogs the pours too much, Channel is just weird-and also expensive. Generally a bit nervous to try stuff like Loreal, or Rimmel, but if there are any decent recommendations....?

Alana wrote:
    It is indeed the ****, but I still can't fault Clinique....well bar one thing. Again a lil off topic, I have a bit of a problem finding decent foundation, the only nice one i found that I loved was Armani...but it costs an arm and a leg...

MAC is too heavy, Clinique clogs the pours too much, Channel is just weird-and also expensive. Generally a bit nervous to try stuff like Loreal, or Rimmel, but if there are any decent recommendations....?

Yes finding the right foundation is a pain in the arse!!! There are loads questions that you need to ask -

What type of skin do you have? Dry, oily, combination, normal
    What type of covered to you want? Sheer/light, medium, full?
    What type of finish? MAtte, dewy, etc etc.
    You want a compact , powder or fluid?

I hate wearing foundation, hate it. But I gotta for work. Found one in clinique that's okay, called Gentle Light Make-up. IT's got light reflecting blah blah in it so doesnt give a matte finish but I think I'll try a tinted moisturiser next time.

It's really trial and error. The Armani foundation dries up my forehead. I don't think it's very good and it has too much yellow pigment in it for my liking. Alot of the Clinique foundations can be very heavy, as is Estee Lauder.

Make-up Forever do a nice light face and body foundation. Oh I forgot about that!!! I think MAC do a similar one. Lancome is alright as well for foundation.

If you really want the armani foundation or a lot of the other makeup porducts and are going away they are 20% cheaper in the Airport!!

Hmmm, indeed, very pretty. Actually OP, just remembered that MAC do make-overs, now sometimes its a b1tch and you've to wait ages to get seen, but sometimes you can be lucky and get one on the spot... so you could just get a make-over to find out what the best nu fangled way is for puttin on ye ol eyeshadow...

Oo thanks Larianne, haven't tried Make-up Forever yet, might make a detour on my lunch tomorrow...hmm, shop of shiney goodness :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

how much is MAC fluidline??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I agree MAC is the best, I've had one of my eyeshadows 2 years and it's almost gone and I use it a lot. Best way to put on eyeshadow so it doesn't crease is to pat face powder over your eyelids before you put the eyeshadow on..........I've been doing it for years and the eyeshadow stays on all day and will last until you take it off at night

how much is MAC fluidline??

Around €17 iirc.

With MAC you have to book a full make-over in advance, but to try on a combination of eyeshadows, they should be able to do it on the spot for you, once its not busy. Maybe try the MAC in Dundrum as its meant to be really quiet out there during the week.

If you're going oh hols or know someone who is, get them to get your MAC stuff in the airport. Fuidline is only 14.45 there!! You'll save a fortune! ;) But if you can't wait for the little pots of fun...

Alana, the MAke-up Forever Foundation I used was a Face and Body one. Which isn't heavy which I like. But if you want more coverage, go for their fluid. Apparently another good foundation, reccomended by a mate is Face 2 foundation. I think you can get it in Mkup Forver and Roches on Henry Street. Worth checking out.

And worth asking the girl to put some on you. I've so many foundations from just looking at a nicely package bottle that I never use!! With it on, you can see what it looks like in natural light as in stores and studios the lightly is always fecked up. You can see how good it lasts, does it affect your skin in anyway. All important stuff if you're going spend 30 euro on a bit of paint!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

max factor eyeshadow is also very good for staying where it's supposed to!

Advertisement