Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SSL Cert

• 10-04-2003 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

I have two questions for the board:

1) What SSL secure cert do/would you use on a website?

2) Would you as a user be happy shopping online and using your credit card on a secure site?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Nyx

i don't know about the first question, but for shopping online, i usually rely on friends recommendations. ie. if they've not had a problem with credit cards etc, then thats my cue.
    i try to stick with the "big" websites ie amazon, cdwow etc my reasoning being that if there was an error, they'd be easier to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

1) Depends on how much you wanna pay. Verisign are most expensive. Baltimore are the Irish option (middling price) and I believe Thawte are cheap. Whether price = security? Maybe, certainly if you listen to Verisigns speel about cold war bunker nuclear bomb proff key storage facility.

2) Once using SSL, transfering the credit card details over the internet is secure. People, in general, seem fine with it. People do get concerned about have their cc details stored on perhaps a not so secure server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

www.freessl.com

check it :)

May suit you.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

I see freessl.com are giving ChainedSSL Certificates free until the 9th of May

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭irlhost

We have been using Thawte for the last two years and find still that some people do not like using their credit card over the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Yes they are quite good.

Advertisement