Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Summer 2012

• 05-02-2012 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hello,

With the long evening and sunny days (I hope) approaching, we all hope to get out on the water. As im new to the sport, puchasing my new kayak(ouassou) last november. I was lucky to get out on a lake several times before the weather got bad later on in the month. I hope to get out during the summer and the few months ahead.

As I said i'm new to this sport and im wondering, is there any events like kayak from A to B or such events that me and my kayak as suitable for during the summer or coming months either on the sea or rivers..

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Jimlad wrote: »
    Hello,

With the long evening and sunny days (I hope) approaching, we all hope to get out on the water. As im new to the sport, puchasing my new kayak(ouassou) last november. I was lucky to get out on a lake several times before the weather got bad later on in the month. I hope to get out during the summer and the few months ahead.

As I said i'm new to this sport and im wondering, is there any events like kayak from A to B or such events that me and my kayak as suitable for during the summer or coming months either on the sea or rivers..

Thanks..

Where are you based ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jimlad

The very south east bottom corner of ireland..;)

There is surely maybe charity events involved with kayaking? either sea or river..or even just some sort of trip

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Sorry for the delay.

i'd look to the paddling community. irishfreestyle, irishwhitewater etc.... Most events are listed there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭ec18

Jimlad wrote: »
    The very south east bottom corner of ireland..;)

There is surely maybe charity events involved with kayaking? either sea or river..or even just some sort of trip

thanks

There's a club down that way barrow valley canoe club that are based around leighlinbridge. They're a good club that go out nearly every sunday. Should look them up on facebook.

Advertisement