Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finger Tattoos?

Options
  • 26-11-2014 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I've been wanting to get two really small tattoos on the inside of my index fingers on either hand, one is a Q with a heart underneath (in red) and the other is just an outline of a planet (as in simplistic saturn type thing) in black, but at the same time I don't want to waste money getting it done if it's going to fade in a few days. Has anyone had experience with them before and can give their advice? I'm not getting the heart shaded in either just to avoid it looking like a blob down the road, if I keep them both simple are they less likely to blow out?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

will affect your job prospects in the future,i would go for one that is hidden else where

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lizzmurph

braddun wrote: »
    will affect your job prospects in the future,i would go for one that is hidden else where

But they would be on the insides of my finger, which isn't really visible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

they will when you shake someones hand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

They will most definitely fade! skin on the hands and fingers is not the same as else where! it is constantly moving & stretching! They look awesome when freshly healed but rarely last the test of time in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

lizzmurph wrote: »
    I've been wanting to get two really small tattoos on the inside of my index fingers on either hand, one is a Q with a heart underneath (in red) and the other is just an outline of a planet (as in simplistic saturn type thing) in black, but at the same time I don't want to waste money getting it done if it's going to fade in a few days. Has anyone had experience with them before and can give their advice? I'm not getting the heart shaded in either just to avoid it looking like a blob down the road, if I keep them both simple are they less likely to blow out?

Thanks

I got tear drops on the inside of my index fingers in 2008(so I could mock Chelsea fans after the Champions League Final:p). They have faded a bit alright but considering my hands are constantly in and out of water in work, I'd say they've held up well. No-one sees them when I shake hands or anything and I don't think I've ever had a customer bring them up in conversation.

XScZ7PF.jpg?1 Hardly noticeble from above

iFjpgjN.jpg?1PwDkb2X.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Generally you'll hear that finger tattoos will fade/bleed more than other parts of the body, especially on the inside of the finger as it would rub and sweat more than the top-side.

I have a tat on one finger from my middle knuckle to finger nail, 7 years old now and hasn't faded significantly - was advised it would need touched up regularly or it could become a complete mess within a few years but it hasn't needed touched up once and looks almost the same as the day it was done

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

****ing Pintrest.

all inside finger tattoos will look like you have dirty fingers within a year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Kalman

Give it some thought before you do! A future employer will see them on your fingers and you may be at a disadvantage .
    On a bus just recently I sat next to someone's elderly granny and her "ink-art" looked horrible [my opinion]

lizzmurph wrote: »

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Kalman wrote: »
    On a bus just recently I sat next to someone's elderly granny and her "ink-art" looked horrible [my opinion]

Yes, heaven forbid in 50 years time some earwig randomer on a bus somewhere doesn't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭dani049

Got my finger and side of hand tattooed in May and they haven't faded at all, most tattoo artists are shocked they've lasted so well as they apparently fade on most people...just something you take a risk on!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement